Union research absolute 845 amplifier
Jan 4, 2014 at 2:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

aLEN 006

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone. Can you answer me couple of questions about Union research absolute 845 amplifier. Why is so expencive when this is integrated amplifier? I read some posts on other forums about it and I saw that integrated amplifiers aren't that expensive. Does it have a port for headphones http://audio.com.pl/pics/testy/max_unison_research_absolute_845se_04.jpg? And what is dual-mono stereo amplifier because I saw on their website under specifications that it's written like that.

Jan 5, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #3 of 3
  Hello everyone. Can you answer me couple of questions about Union research absolute 845 amplifier. Why is so expencive when this is integrated amplifier? I read some posts on other forums about it and I saw that integrated amplifiers aren't that expensive. Does it have a port for headphones http://audio.com.pl/pics/testy/max_unison_research_absolute_845se_04.jpg? And what is dual-mono stereo amplifier because I saw on their website under specifications that it's written like that.

1. The photo you linked to is useless, it's nothing but a pic of a couple dozen RCA inputs ... although with all of those connectors, obviously a great deal of the cost is tied up in those features.

2. Dual mono usually means that the amp is stereo only because two complete amplifiers have been plugged in together - one for the Left channel and one for the Right channel.  This implies two completely separate power supplies, circuits, etc. - perhaps even the PCB and/or chassis.  Most stereo amplifiers will use the same power supply for both channels and integrate the two channels throughout the circuit with a common ground.

Electronically, there is no difference.  Practically speaking, there is probably a slightly measureable difference if both channels are an entirely separate device, but the expense can be almost the same as 2X a single stereo amplifier.

Hence, big $$$.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back