Unhappy! Background Hiss: Oppo HA-2 + PM-3 + FiiO X5II
Jan 18, 2016 at 11:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

cmacsocial

100+ Head-Fier
I need your help; I'm dissatisfied: I'm using the Oppo HA-2 amp powering the FiiO X5II with Oppo PM-3 headphones. To rid background hiss, I figured trading in my FiiO E12A for the HA-2 would have fixed it (you know, using same amp brand as headphone brand...figured Oppo tested this). I was wrong :frowning2: Btw, all EQs are off, HA-2 Bass Boost is on, and I was listening to a FLAC file.

So, the question is what's causing the hissing: Is the X5II feeding a hissy signal to the HA-2? Is it the basic cable connecting X5II to HA-2?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jan 20, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #7 of 8
Post a link to the recordings and we can take a listen with our gear. Perhaps it is a good thing because your gear is able to discern the bad recordings from the good ones.

Apr 26, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #8 of 8
I am hearing hiss on my Oppo HA-2 with Shure SE535. I think the Shure are just very sensitive and don't need to be amped and I am prone to hearing hiss easily. But otherwise the sound of the ha-2 is great. By mistake one day I hooked the earphones to the line out port instead of the headphone port and the hiss goes away. I am using my iPhone as a source with lossless files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back