Unexplained Appearance of Italics on PC
Apr 29, 2008 at 2:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Cousin Patty

Headphoneus Supremus
This is weird. Suddenly earlier today I noticed that fonts throughout my system have suddenly changed to being italicized. Various fonts in my browser, program installation windows, and even certain areas of Cubase SX area all of a sudden italics. I looked around in my browser settings and in my system settings but everything seems to be normal. Anybody have any ideas as to what happened or what I can do to get my fonts back to normal? Thanks

Apr 29, 2008 at 2:41 AM Post #2 of 5
Funny, I had the exact same problem, except mine started a few weeks back. I actually installed the SP3 a few days ago and the italics finally disappeared. No idea as to why they appeared in the first place.

Apr 29, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #3 of 5
There's a chance that one of your font files is corrupted. Is it just a certain font (e.g., Times New Roman, Arial, etc.), or all of them?

You can try reinstalling the affected system fonts.
How To Install or Remove a Font in Windows

It could also be caused by malware. Try running Ad-Aware.

Edit: Try what Agent Kang said first. I'm running Vista right now, so I wouldn't know about that.

Apr 29, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #4 of 5
very weird... i kind of fixed it i guess. i just went into c:\windows\fonts and double clicked on all the arial fonts (which is the font i think was messed up) and all the italics in my browser and in cubase went away and are now back normal. there are still italics in my EMU patchmix application though...

Apr 29, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #5 of 5
What font is used for that application? If you don't know what it is, post a screen shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back