uneven sounds on Bose On Ear headphones model 331394-0010
Nov 11, 2012 at 3:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

crazylabolin

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone. I have a question about these Bose On Ear headphones. I recently received them as a gift, and at first I liked the sound. The bass sounded pretty good, and overall they seemed appropriate for my listening purposes, which is mainly listening to hip hop and occasionally making beats (although I intend to use them for listening to rock music and a variety of genres).

However, after using them several times, yesterday I noticed that the sounds on each side weren't identical. I can't really put my finger on what's wrong. The volume is the same, I'm pretty sure, but the sound/bass on the right phone is deeper and knocks more intensely than that on the left phone. I'm unsure whether I'm just being neurotic or it's really a problem, but just having these on my head and listening to music, I'm pretty sure the problem is definitely there, if a bit difficult to pinpoint and define. My girlfriend tried them on and agreed that something subtly but definitely felt off.

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with these headphones, or similar headphones, or can advise whether this is a real issue at all or just in my head.

To be on the safe side, I think I'm going to return these. My second question is, should I assume this pair is faulty get another pair of the same model, or just get a different model altogether. If a different model, can anyone recommend what to get based on my purposes. I'm looking for a pair in the $100-$200 range (I'm open to used headphones). Also, I noticed the other night after having these on for a few hours that the bass was perhaps a little TOO present and that my head felt kinda weird.

Sorry for the long post. Any recommendations, suggestions, or thoughts are much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back