Uneven hearing... Is this critical?
Oct 9, 2014 at 12:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

chococya96

100+ Head-Fier
Basically it seems like the sound is slightly off-center as I can hear more from my right ear than my left one. When I tried hearing them separately, my right ear is a bit louder and more sensitive when compared to my left ear.

At first, I thought it has to do with my headphones and setups though after extensive testing with different equipments I realized the "problem" lies on my ears. I never gave two thoughts about this whole problem until when I started using audiophile cans with amps/dacs.
More so, I was able to even out the sound by configuring balance settings from speaker properties (Windows speaker settings) with value between 80~85 for R and 100 for L.

I don't know if this has to do with my perception or not, but after using the above configurations for a while and switched back to default values (100 for both) I can definitely hear that right side is more louder than my left side. This is more apparent when listening to songs with vocals.

As a result, I'm really paranoid at the moment as I'm not sure if this is just my perception or ear problem... Is it time for me to see an audiologist?

Thanks, help would be appreciated it.

Oct 9, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #2 of 2
Same with me, I hear better with my right ear, Had my ears checked, it seems that i had a blockage in my left ear because of the recent cold/flu i had. Some nasal discharge blocked the part of the ear that releases pressure. Told me it could take to about a month or two to normalize my hearing. another thing that sucks is i experience tinnitus all the time :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back