Underworld
Sep 21, 2003 at 8:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ManiacSmile

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone seen "Underworld" yet ? Just saw it and I can tell you that it really stands out of the pile of crappy movies we had this summer. Though they could have extended some ideas in the movie, I guess they kept them for the second installment. Overall it's nicely done and quite appealing visually.

Sep 21, 2003 at 3:30 PM Post #3 of 6
i went to see this yesterday, a few points:

the actions scenes were all very well and good, but nothing that we haven't seen before. a little derivative.

too much plot, and not in a good way, it was a bit of a mess, and the main story didn't kick in until quite late on i felt.

in this film vampires seem to be able to see themselves in mirrors and enter peoples houses uninvited. i knw it's all artistic licence, but the mirrors thing really got me.

the ending was a cop-out. i actually laughed out loud, it was so rediculous.

celine's name might as well have been trinity.

they've left it open for a sequel, i doubt one will get made. i could be wrong though.

i prefered blade.

however, despite all this, i still enjoyed it. just a word of advice to anyone going to see it, don't expect to see a great film, just an entertaining one.

Sep 21, 2003 at 5:08 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

celine's name might as well have been trinity

Could not have said better
very_evil_smiley.gif

Yeah, I heard they're working on the second one already. Would be dumb if they didn't, they laid so many clues out.

Sep 22, 2003 at 3:46 AM Post #5 of 6
I liked it. I don't know if it really stands out, but then again, I've been enjoying most of the movies I've been seeing lately. So my opinion may not count for much.

That said (I really did enjoy it very much, it's got wonderfully gothy atmosphere), I do have one minor criticism of it -- I really didn't like the shooting fight scenese. Things that should have been hit didn't always go down. I think this is a consistency thing with the CGI programmers, and someone (the director) wasn't watching to make sure that they matched up.

OTOH, they could have just been trying to be consistent. You know how the bad guy always misses, and the good guys always hits his mark? It ain't so in this film.

Sep 22, 2003 at 7:15 AM Post #6 of 6
I didn't like Underworld that much. It was really not a good movie (though I am very critical of films I watch). Though it did - along with my completely high friend who tried to convince me a vampire lives in the tree outside his window - did serve as inspiration for a 1AM English paper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back