Underwhelmed with my Game One. Any recommendations for PC gaming headphones?
Nov 23, 2015 at 8:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

zmatrix

New Head-Fier
I currently just built a new rig just to play Battlefront given my last gaming PC was built 4 years ago.

I just picked up a Sennheiser Game One and wow was I disappointed. Maybe my expectations were much higher for the headset but the sound came out more muffled and not as crisp as I had liked. It also lacked the bass when things blew up.

I played with my Grado SR60s and they sounded better but for sure lacked good bass.  I've been reading an add on mic and a good headphone will work as well. I was going to try out the kingston hyper x that many have said to be a good gaming headset.

Any recommendations? What do you guys use?

Nov 23, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #2 of 4
  I currently just built a new rig just to play Battlefront given my last gaming PC was built 4 years ago.
I just picked up a Sennheiser Game One and wow was I disappointed. Maybe my expectations were much higher for the headset but the sound came out more muffled and not as crisp as I had liked. It also lacked the bass when things blew up.
I played with my Grado SR60s and they sounded better but for sure lacked good bass.  I've been reading an add on mic and a good headphone will work as well. I was going to try out the kingston hyper x that many have said to be a good gaming headset.
Any recommendations? What do you guys use?

Do you know the make and model of the motherboard?
Have you added a sound card?

Nov 24, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #3 of 4
Yeah, its the Asus Maximus Hero VIII. It's got the onboard sound - not sure how good it is but this board is supposed to be one of the better ones.

Description from website.

"ROG provides you with the very best gaming-audio inputs and outputs, with special shielded designs, and a collection of carefully selected professional-grade audio components, including an ESS ES9023P digital-to-analog converter (DAC) with Hyperstream™ technology, ultra-low-jitter clock, Nichicon capacitors, 2Vrms headphone amp, and Sonic SenseAmp that automatically detects and optimizes any headset (32-600 ohms) for purest sound quality. SupremeFX 2015 also features intuitive Sonic Studio II for you to apply and enjoy different audio effects for perfect entertainment, plus Perfect Noise noise-cancellation technology for team conversations with total clarity."

Nov 24, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #4 of 4
  Yeah, its the Asus Maximus Hero VIII. It's got the on-board sound - not sure how good it is but this board is supposed to be one of the better ones.

Description from website.

"ROG provides you with the very best gaming-audio inputs and outputs, with special shielded designs, and a collection of carefully selected professional-grade audio components, including an ESS ES9023P digital-to-analog converter (DAC) with Hyperstream™ technology, ultra-low-jitter clock, Nichicon capacitors, 2Vrms headphone amp, and Sonic SenseAmp that automatically detects and optimizes any headset (32-600 ohms) for purest sound quality. SupremeFX 2015 also features intuitive Sonic Studio II for you to apply and enjoy different audio effects for perfect entertainment, plus Perfect Noise noise-cancellation technology for team conversations with total clarity."

The GAME ONE lack of enough bass I think is just from the design of the headphone (type of diaphragm used).
But surprised your finding a lack of audio quality, it might be a slightly veiled sound, but details should be there.
The Realtek drivers were updated only 20 days ago, on the Asus website, have you updated to the latest audio drivers.
Then maybe double check all the audio settings, see if audio improves?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back