Underrated Metal Albums
Aug 16, 2009 at 11:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dspang

100+ Head-Fier
Calling all metalheads. Let's hear it. What metal albums do you guys think are totally underrated and don't get enough recognition.

I'll start with two of my underappreciated faves.

In-Quest - Epileptic
In-Quest - The Comatose Quandaries

These two albums are very Meshuggah like in their technicality and soloing. But I think they one-up Meshuggah just by a tad in that they have a little more energy and the solos aren't completely shred-tastic but are introduced as atmospheric and more in the background. Awesome nonetheless.

Not to mention this is great technical metal with an awesome clear production and sounds big.

Aug 17, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #2 of 5
Never even heard of In-Quest; will have to look into it.

Although there is some mention of them on Head-Fi, Behold...the Arctopus does not get the recognition they deserve.

ASMOX turned me on to Cloudkicker which is some solid tech-metal too. When I found out it was only one person, it blew me away. I hope this guys gets some more rec too.

Aug 17, 2009 at 9:15 AM Post #3 of 5
I don't think a lot of people have heard In-Quest. I could almost call them creepy metal at the same time as heavy metal. Because they intersperse some eerie guitar work in between the heavy chugs. Never heard Behold...The Arctopus. Heard of them though. Will check em' out.

Keep'em coming people.

Aug 17, 2009 at 10:46 AM Post #4 of 5
These aren't the most obscure, unheard of albums out there, but they do deserve more attention:

Persefone - Core
Mokoma - Kuoleman laulukunnaat
Slough Feg - Traveller
Peste Noire - La Sanie des siècles: Panégyrique de la dégénérescence
The Ruins of Beverast - Rain Upon the Impure
Falkenbach - ...Magni Blandinn Ok Megintiri...
Benighted - Identisick
Suspyre - The Great Divide
Gorod - Leading Vision
The Chasm - Deathcult for Eternity: The Triumph

Users who are viewing this thread

Back