Underoath "Lost in the Sound of Separation"
Sep 7, 2008 at 4:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Akathisia

500+ Head-Fier
I don't care how trendy Underoath is considered, "Define the Great Line" was an amazing record, and I have been in anticipation of the new record for a while.

I bought "Lost in the Sound of Separation" on Friday and am just getting my first chance to spend some good time with it and my MDR-7506 and I am really impressed. It takes the sound of DtGL to the next level. Being slightly heavier, sounding a bit more mature, and sonically being a bit more diverse.

Any other Underoath fans here?

Underoath-Lost_in_the_Sound_of_Separation.jpg

Sep 7, 2008 at 7:16 AM Post #2 of 7
I've been an Underoath fan for quite awhile. This really is a great album, I think it's my favorite of theirs so far. I can't wait until November 10th, I'm seeing them live with Saosin and the Devil Wears Prada
biggrin.gif

Sep 7, 2008 at 1:40 PM Post #3 of 7
I agree that Underoath are indeed a great band, DTGL is still one of my most played albums
biggrin.gif

The riffs match perfectly with the vocal style.... I honestly think they have evolved so much since 'They're Only Chasing Safety', definitely for the better.

Sep 7, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by klamP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree that Underoath are indeed a great band, DTGL is still one of my most played albums
biggrin.gif

The riffs match perfectly with the vocal style.... I honestly think they have evolved so much since 'They're Only Chasing Safety', definitely for the better.

In my opinion, "They're Only Chasing Safety" could be a completely different band. The new album came with a DVD for the making of, and one of the band member's even said that going in to this album was the first time they were following up a recording that they still loved.

Sep 7, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akathisia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In my opinion, "They're Only Chasing Safety" could be a completely different band. The new album came with a DVD for the making of, and one of the band member's even said that going in to this album was the first time they were following up a recording that they still loved.

Yeah, I got that DVD too. I was surprised that they disliked They're Only Chasing Safety so much, as I thought it was a great album. It's totally different than they're new stuff, but it was still good.

Sep 10, 2008 at 5:24 AM Post #6 of 7
I've only heard a bit of Underoath in college, that was when they sounded dramatically different than what I've heard of them recently through an acquaintance. At first I thought it was a different band with the same name. But if the DTGL album is good, maybe I'll consider checking it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back