Under appreciated horror gem: Dead & Buried.
Aug 7, 2003 at 4:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Sol_Zhen

Takes his kids to the natatorium every morning.
Blue-Underground just released Dead & Buried on DVD.

I don’t know how this fine little horror flick slipped under my radar for so long, but I’m glad I picked up the two disc set the other day. Fantastic.

You can read the synopsis on imdb.com or at Blue-Underground’s Dead & Buried page.

The following should give you enough reason to pick this up:
Directed by Gary ShermanPoltergeist III, Vice Squad.
Written by Jeff Millar and Dan O'BannonAlien, Dark Star , Heavy Metal , Blue Thunder , Total Recall .
Make up by the great Stan WinstonThe Exterminator, The Thing, Edward Scissorhands, Terminator 2: Judgment Day , Congo , Artificial Intelligence: AI , Predator .

It’s a unique blend of slasher, zombie, and creepy-small-town. Kind of like Stepford Wives meets The Re-Animator.
biggrin.gif

Plus the 2-disc set has plenty of goodies in the way of commentaries and supplements. Recommended.

Aug 7, 2003 at 5:50 AM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Sol_Zhen
I don’t know how this fine little horror flick slipped under my radar for so long...

Going out on a limb, but maybe because of its trailer?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 7, 2003 at 6:20 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by blessingx
Going out on a limb, but maybe because of its trailer?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Good lord! That trailer is horrible and shows too much of some good scenes.

Don't watch the trailer.

Just rent it or buy it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Did I mention that Robert Englund is in it?

Aug 7, 2003 at 6:21 AM Post #5 of 11
Looks like it could be freaky...

...but that trailer is absolutely, positively horrible. At the end where that mask/face is lying on the ground, I half expect a Monty Python-esque foot to come down and smoosh the mask with a fart. There's something very Terry Gilliam about that shot.

...this sorta reminds me that I have to pick up Silent Hill 3...

< goes back to listening to Aphex Twin
biggrin.gif
>

Speaking of which, you could base an entire horror movie score on track 4, disk 2 of Selected Ambient Works 2...

Aug 7, 2003 at 12:59 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Sol_Zhen
Stan Winston[/URL] – The Exterminator, The Thing, Edward Scissorhands, Terminator 2: Judgment Day , Congo , Artificial Intelligence: AI , Predator .[/B]

Hey cool..thanks for the heads-up! For what it is worth, I seem to recall Stan Winston doing make up for Aliens also.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 13, 2003 at 1:02 PM Post #8 of 11
Thanks for the heads up on this one...I also have never seen it and don't know how that happened.

Lots of fun and how about that DTS track? That was a nice surprise bonus for a 1981 film release.

John

Sep 13, 2003 at 10:37 PM Post #10 of 11
Hey, John. Good to hear you liked it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back