under 50$ wired in-ear/earbuds headphones recommendations?
Feb 26, 2021 at 5:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Sltwtr

New Head-Fier
hi, i'm looking for a good under 50$ wired in-ears or earbuds. I listen to Indie, sometimes metal (and more). i don't know to say a lot about my demands, only that:
- i like warmer sound (edit - not on the expense of good mids)
- vocals not in the back
- comfort
- listening with a laptop and a smartphone

Edit: sorry, i'm a newbie. apperantly i'm not a huge fan of v shape, i preffer good mids. Sorry for the trouble.

thank you for helping

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #2 of 11
Jade Audio EA1. Its a cheaper of the Fiio FD1 with less accessories and a cheaper cable. By messing with the tip sizing you can get it to sound anywhere between mild V and pretty significant V shaped. In either configuration, I find the vocals/mids to be more prominent the older KZ offerings. Comfort wise its pretty decent IMO as the shell is on the smaller side and pretty light. 32ohms so runs just fine off a portable device.

EDIT: I do think they sound good with indie music, though I don't listen to metal so cant comment on that. They might not be bassy enough for you stock, but you can apparently tape one of the vents to help.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #3 of 11
Tripowin TC-01 is approx. $50 Tripowin TC-01

BLON BL01 is approx. $25 BLON BL01

Both have a V-shape signature with plenty of sub-bass, neither one has shouty treble, and vocals are not pushed to the
back.

Both are driven easily with phone, but will need to up volume a bit more on the BLON (but still easy to drive).

Tripowin is best ear fit, sits very flat in ear and does not protrude out whatsoever (could easily sleep with these on).

BLON is a good fit too, but protrudes just a bit more (rounded outer surface). The BLON BL01 is definitely the best bang for the buck, period.

And as always... tip selection that provides best ear canal closure delivers best results.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #4 of 11
Well you can always go for the Blon bl-03, that's always gonna be a good buy. Its warm, and guitar (electric or not) sounds magical with it (in technical term, I guess they will say the timbre is really good). I heard bl-01 is also really good, but I don't have it. Apart from that the above suggestions are nice. Now if you want something cheaper ... then you can also go for KZ EDX for under 10$, it's a little brighter though. I will say EDX and bl-03 has more or less same technicalities. If you want something which is really warm, you can also go for QKZ VK4, that's the warmest in my collection. Plenty of bass, more so when it comes to sub bass. But it can be a little bit boomy or muddy.

Feb 27, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #5 of 11
The CCA C10 is quite good in my opinion, though there are probably better ones out there in its price range. It's warm with forward vocals and is easy to drive. I'm listening to metal on mine right now. :)

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2021 at 6:41 AM Post #6 of 11
Tripowin TC-01 is approx. $50 Tripowin TC-01

BLON BL01 is approx. $25 BLON BL01

Both have a V-shape signature with plenty of sub-bass, neither one has shouty treble, and vocals are not pushed to the
back.

Both are driven easily with phone, but will need to up volume a bit more on the BLON (but still easy to drive).

Tripowin is best ear fit, sits very flat in ear and does not protrude out whatsoever (could easily sleep with these on).

BLON is a good fit too, but protrudes just a bit more (rounded outer surface). The BLON BL01 is definitely the best bang for the buck, period.

And as always... tip selection that provides best ear canal closure delivers best results.
Thank you, im a bit confused but apperantly i don't like v shape because the mids are reccesed. Would you still recommended them?

Feb 28, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #7 of 11
Well you can always go for the Blon bl-03, that's always gonna be a good buy. Its warm, and guitar (electric or not) sounds magical with it (in technical term, I guess they will say the timbre is really good). I heard bl-01 is also really good, but I don't have it. Apart from that the above suggestions are nice. Now if you want something cheaper ... then you can also go for KZ EDX for under 10$, it's a little brighter though. I will say EDX and bl-03 has more or less same technicalities. If you want something which is really warm, you can also go for QKZ VK4, that's the warmest in my collection. Plenty of bass, more so when it comes to sub bass. But it can be a little bit boomy or muddy.
Thank you, with blon 03 you have to replace Ther cable, right?

im a bit confused but apperantly i don't like v shape because the mids are reccesed. Would you still recommended them?

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2021 at 6:56 AM Post #8 of 11
Thank you, with blon 03 you have to replace Ther cable, right?

im a bit confused but apperantly i don't like v shape because the mids are reccesed. Would you still recommended them?
Well the cable is not good, but it's not like you can't use them. I myself haven't changed them. Also if you have small ear like me, you will also not have an issue with the fit.

Feb 28, 2021 at 7:00 AM Post #9 of 11
Thank you, im a bit confused but apperantly i don't like v shape because the mids are reccesed. Would you still recommended them?
If mid is your priority, hzsound heart mirror or ssp will be more up your alley. I don't own them so I can't give any more info, hopefully someone who have them can give you more details.

Feb 28, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #10 of 11
I’m not an audiophile expert by any means, so please hear out some of the more experienced users here. But generally speaking, when the frequency graph is somewhat flat… the bass, mids, and highs are what I would describe as clinical (none of the three main frequency levels overpower each other). This is what I would describe as audiophile (detail) level of listening. When the frequency graph is v-shaped… the bass has good punch, the mids are there, and the highs are somewhat accentuated. This is what I would describe as fun/musical level of listening.

The type and number of drivers utilized affects the sound signature as well. Each person’s hearing attenuation and their preferred “sound” also plays a role. In the end, the only way to know for certain… is to place said iem in the ear and make a personal judgement. That is why I believe it is a good thing to audition (purchase) some of the budget iems to get a good feel for what sounds best to you.

Check out this frequency graph, obtained here - https://banbeu.com/graph/tool/

Yellow is Tin HiFi T3 - sounds somewhat clinical to me. Good for detailed listening, but the highs can get a bit piercing for me.

Red is BLON BL01 - impactful sub-bass and vocals with good presence.

Green is Tripowin TC-01 - impactful sub-bass, vocals with a bit more presence and a bit more shouty (forward).

Blue is iBasso IT01 - impactful sub-bass, vocals pushed to the back a bit. I need to EQ the 2khz-5khz range a bit higher to get vocals more forward.

Attachments

• graph.png
    graph.png
    331 KB · Views: 0
Feb 28, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #11 of 11
I’m not an audiophile expert by any means, so please hear out some of the more experienced users here. But generally speaking, when the frequency graph is somewhat flat… the bass, mids, and highs are what I would describe as clinical (none of the three main frequency levels overpower each other). This is what I would describe as audiophile (detail) level of listening. When the frequency graph is v-shaped… the bass has good punch, the mids are there, and the highs are somewhat accentuated. This is what I would describe as fun/musical level of listening.

The type and number of drivers utilized affects the sound signature as well. Each person’s hearing attenuation and their preferred “sound” also plays a role. In the end, the only way to know for certain… is to place said iem in the ear and make a personal judgement. That is why I believe it is a good thing to audition (purchase) some of the budget iems to get a good feel for what sounds best to you.

Check out this frequency graph, obtained here - https://banbeu.com/graph/tool/

Yellow is Tin HiFi T3 - sounds somewhat clinical to me. Good for detailed listening, but the highs can get a bit piercing for me.

Red is BLON BL01 - impactful sub-bass and vocals with good presence.

Green is Tripowin TC-01 - impactful sub-bass, vocals with a bit more presence and a bit more shouty (forward).

Blue is iBasso IT01 - impactful sub-bass, vocals pushed to the back a bit. I need to EQ the 2khz-5khz range a bit higher to get vocals more forward.
Thank you very much for the efforts to explain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back