Under $50 Earphone that Reduces Sound and has some Bass
Jul 15, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #2 of 6
The Shure SE112 is one of the most isolating earphones I've tried. Rather than having boosted bass, the SE112 is quite smooth at the top/treble end which gives the impression of a bassier sound.

http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/shure-se112-in-ear-sound-isolating-earphones.html

I've seen them on Amazon.com for under $50 in the States.

Jul 15, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #3 of 6
It seems like a nice option. If I'm not wrong, the sound isolation seems to be coming from the eartips. Is it possible to buy sound isolating eartips only and use them on any earphones to get the same effect?

Jul 15, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #4 of 6
You can buy the eartips that Shure does easily enough, they're sold all over the place. These particular ones are the 'olive style' ones (they do foam tips as well). They stretch a bit, so might be OK for nozzles up to about 3mm-4mm in diameter. In other words, the same earphones which a Comply '100' sized tip will fit, and maybe '200' as well. They fit on a Sennheiser Momentum in-ear which is a 200.

Jul 16, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #5 of 6
Does the Shure have enough bass? I used a bass heavy earphones for some time so if Shure has no bass at all, it will be a huge let down. Also, how is the volume? Does it get loud enough?

Jul 18, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #6 of 6
We all have different ideas where it comes to what bass level is ideal - all I can suggest is that you look at a range of reviews for the SE112 and see what the average opinion is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back