under $200 headphones for home listening that fall between AD700s and HD-25 II
Dec 25, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #16 of 17

Quote:
So you'd recommend the DJ100s over everything else (in my price range)?

Going back to your original requirements, I think that the Koss has the tight, punchy bass that you want, but at the end of the day it has a closed soundstage, even though it sounds wider than most. If you want to emphasize more the larger soundstage, you'd probably be better off going with an open headphone, but I think it's a suitable closed headphone choice.

The other one that I would consider is a Fischer Audio FA-003 variant, like the Brainwavz HM5. They have tight bass, a wider soundstage than the average closed headphones, and they sound quite good for the price. They're a technically superior headphone, but with less bass emphasis. I'd call its sound signature a bit more in-between the two. 

Dec 25, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #17 of 17
I just want decent soundstage, I don't know if you've ever tried the HD-25s before but it's as if they have no soundstage at all....kinda ruins some songs for me.

I guess I'll go with the Koss as their pretty cheap and seem to be what I want..I'll let you know how I feel after spending some time with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back