Under $100 amp for MS1 and e3?
May 3, 2006 at 1:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ameyer17

100+ Head-Fier
I have a friend who has the Alessandro MS1 and the Shure e3 who is wondering what the best amp for these headphones in that price range is. As I do not claim to be an expert on all things amplifier-related, I thought I'd ask here.

May 3, 2006 at 1:26 AM Post #2 of 7
I've got a GoVibe v4 that goes great with my MS-1s. They're not that hard to drive, so most amps under $100 will be fine. A CMOY would work, but another Head-Fi'er (The_Duke_Of_Eli) reccommended a PA2v2 a few threads down.

ETA: On second thought, what is your friend going to use the amp with (sourcewise)? My mp3 player can power the MS-1s no problem, but I needed an amp for my CDP. I will admit that its nice having an amp to use with the mp3 player, as the quality might be a bit better using the line out.

May 3, 2006 at 2:28 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by forsberg
you should be recommending your pa2v2s..! I know i would! It's an excellent amp for the price

for that price , yes, pa2v2. i had it for a few days and returned it to gary. cause i found it was not enough to drive the sf5pro, thus let alone my coming e500. but i tested it with the er6i, it did a great job on them.

May 3, 2006 at 2:14 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by forsberg
you should be recommending your pa2v2s..! I know i would! It's an excellent amp for the price

I agree, the PAV2 is a fantastic amp specially with Grado and Etymotic. It helps to bring out the bass.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back