Uncap Your iPod Nano Volym! new release
Oct 7, 2005 at 12:46 AM Post #3 of 20
COOL! Mac version
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey, that's a slick site.. clean, simple, and straight to the downloads! Nice..

Oct 7, 2005 at 7:44 AM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
Nice. Thanks. When did they get an OS X and Linux versions? Very cool.

I've been using the OS X version for about 6 months. I did email them about support for the shuffle as well, but they replied that they didn't have one to work on. Anybody got a spare?

Oct 7, 2005 at 8:04 PM Post #6 of 20
my question is: what does it do?
confused.gif

tried the website but no introduction whatsoever
confused.gif

Oct 7, 2005 at 9:10 PM Post #7 of 20
All it does is remove the european volume cap via a type of firmware upgrade-after using it your ipod reboots, and you have to reuse it after any apple firmware upgrade. It doesn't boost the volume at all like EuPod. Basically it makes european and american ipods the same(until the next firmware upgrade)

Oct 7, 2005 at 10:54 PM Post #8 of 20
Thanks, just what I needed.
It had some problems identifying my ipod at first but then it worked like a charm.

Oct 8, 2005 at 5:48 AM Post #10 of 20
Where you bought it. Once you launch Gopod it will tell you whether any attached ipod is locked (capped) or unlocked, and I'm pretty sure US iPods will show up as unlocked. There's no harm in experimenting as the cap can always be restored if you want by updating the apple firmware.

Oct 8, 2005 at 8:29 AM Post #12 of 20
I used this on my UK bought Nano and can hear no difference in the output volumes at all.

As a secondary point I can use it on my US color ipod and supposedly put a cap on it. But I can't hear any difference either!

Oct 8, 2005 at 10:04 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by zumaro
I used this on my UK bought Nano and can hear no difference in the output volumes at all.

As a secondary point I can use it on my US color ipod and supposedly put a cap on it. But I can't hear any difference either!

Strange. I don't have a Nano but the difference on my minis and 3g ipods was very noticeable.

Oct 8, 2005 at 11:52 AM Post #14 of 20
Same with the UK 3G I had - I could hear a substantial difference in volume. But I can simply hear no difference with the nano - it sounds as loud as my 4G US model anyway, so its not really even an issue. Are we sure that these nanos even have a volume cap, or is Gopod just not working on my iPod for some reason?

Oct 8, 2005 at 1:37 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by zumaro
Same with the UK 3G I had - I could hear a substantial difference in volume. But I can simply hear no difference with the nano - it sounds as loud as my 4G US model anyway, so its not really even an issue. Are we sure that these nanos even have a volume cap, or is Gopod just not working on my iPod for some reason?

If the program sees your nano it should work on it-it just doesn't recognise the shuffle and they don't claim to support the shuffle. If they updated the program to include nano support you would think that European nanos were capped. Maybe the place you got yours from imported it directly from the states-especialy if it's as loud as your 4g model. It would be interesting to hear some other expereinces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back