Unboxing Audeze LCD-X and LCD-XC tonight
Feb 20, 2014 at 12:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

podeschi

100+ Head-Fier
I went to my favorite local audio shop here in Portland, Echo Audio run by a dear friend and awesome audiophile Kurt Doslu. Took my ALO Studio Six amp and my Beyerdynamic T1 and a sennheiser HD650. Listened extensively to Audeze LCD-3, LCD-X, LCD-XC as well as my existing cans and others like HD800. The LCD-X won the day by a wide margin. The XC were best sounding on the meaty Pathos Aurium which I will play them on at office and other home where sealed is necessary. On studio six the XC sounded less lively and meaty than X. More air and high end but less drive and bottom end than X. On Arium XC sounds full and rich like X does on Studio Six. Of all can/amp combos the X and Studio Six are the champs. So I bought and came home with the X and XC cans. Very excited to cast my fiscal vote to Audeze which I believe is making the most stunning musical headphones on planet earth right now at accessible cost

Feb 20, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #5 of 26
That's quite a statement. Having owned the T1's I might have to get the LCD-X's!

Feb 20, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #7 of 26
Thanks - I am fortunate that my wife understands my addiction to audio!

You'd better pray she doesn't discover haute couture. If you thought high end audio was expensive, a couple pair of Christian Louboutin shoes will give you some perspective!:D
http://www.christianlouboutin.com/

I'm loving my LCD X so I'll be curious t read your thoughts on the XC. Enjoy them (and don't show her the link I included).

Feb 20, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #8 of 26
Hah! Unfortunately she loves those types of brands especially the one you named. I bought myself a spiral groove sg1.1 turntable for Christmas and had to take her to Louis Vuitton to buy a handbag and wallet.

Feb 20, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #9 of 26
That's quite a statement. Having owned the T1's I might have to get the LCD-X's!

A few years ago I spent a day at ALO in Portland listening to every flagship or statement headphone in the store (sennheiser, Grado, AT, Denon, Original Audeze, etc) on multiple amps. The T1 was the clear winner. Balanced, resolving, harmonically accurate, etc. They have been unbeatable til now. The X beats it. I would say it is tied for second or comes in third behind the XC when all cans are driven by good sources and amplification. The T1s are less dynamic, and more constrained/constricted with size of soundstage. Where the T1 excels is it has an amazing midrange especially like the LCD-3. I will never part with my T1.

Feb 21, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #10 of 26
Hah! Unfortunately she loves those types of brands especially the one you named. I bought myself a spiral groove sg1.1 turntable for Christmas and had to take her to Louis Vuitton to buy a handbag and wallet.

So you scored a $30,000 turntable and got off with a handbag and a wallet? I had to by mine a house!!

Feb 23, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #13 of 26
I run my lcd-x with pc/jriver --> nad m 51 dac --> decware csp2+ preamp( tungsram tubes to voice ) --> alo studio six ( tungsol rp , pope 6v6 , mallard ob2 , Phillips rectifier )---> silver poison cable  -- > lcd-x
the decware csp2+  puts the studio six in another level , up a notch . it sounds amazing

Mar 1, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #14 of 26
You'd better pray she doesn't discover haute couture. If you thought high end audio was expensive, a couple pair of Christian Louboutin shoes will give you some perspective!
biggrin.gif

http://www.christianlouboutin.com/

I'm loving my LCD X so I'll be curious t read your thoughts on the XC. Enjoy them (and don't show her the link I included).

$700+ dollars for shoes 
eek.gif
? Do these shoe's make you fly? 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back