Unashamed plug for superb Etymotic Customer Service
Oct 31, 2008 at 4:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

sniks7

100+ Head-Fier
I bought a pair of ER4p on the cheap, one of which had a broken barrel, but vaguely worked. I used them in the gym.

Then I thought I might try them seriously, so emailed Ety, asked them roughly how much it would be and was told several tens of dollars maybe, if not covered under warranty.

I sent them in with a note saying this wasn't a warranty claim - they been successively trashed by myself and the previous owner.

They sent them back a week later with a replaced left barrel, a replaced cable and a replaced right barrel. And some new foamies. And no charge.

I've come across this level of cusomer service several times with US companies (Oakley being another).

It rarely happens in the UK except, strangely enough, with another headphone bunch, Stax UK, who sent me a free replacement cable for an SRM-001 despite my telling them I bought the headphones from Audiocubes and gave them bit of a beasting.

Oct 31, 2008 at 4:45 PM Post #2 of 7
A good reputation is paramount to a businesses success, and if they supply 1/20 people with a complementary replacement, it sure as hell helps their brand image. You have just demonstrated that this works
wink.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #4 of 7
Blimey you were lucky Sniks! When my er4s' broke (absolutely no fault of my own - the plastic sheath on one barrel decided to uncurl itself) it cost me over 50 quid with taxes and I had to wait about a month for their return.
I guess you win some and lose some.

Oct 31, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #5 of 7
I emailed them asking what tips would fit my ear based on the difficulties I had with triflanges and a week later a package with every single tip they make plus a new one that is not released showed up in the mail for me to try.
biggrin.gif

Nov 1, 2008 at 1:08 PM Post #6 of 7
same thing happened to me. Broke my left transducer on a pair that are at least 8 years old. Called, they told me to return them and it would be about $75 to repair. About two weeks later got them back, both transducers were repaired plus a new pair of triflanges. No charge. Yeah, great service.

Nov 1, 2008 at 3:03 PM Post #7 of 7
I concur the Ety customer service is great, even if you didn't buy from their authorized dealers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back