Unable to display images
Aug 5, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #31 of 54
  @Rossliew

Since you downloaded Chrome, could you get some information from the Chrome Developer Tools Network panel?

You can read about how to access it here: https://developer.chrome.com/devtools/index

What the tech team needs is for you to do the following:

1. Clear the cache in Chrome by clicking "Chrome" in the top menu bar, and select "Clear browsing data..."
2. Open network panel/tab of the Developer Tools
3. Visit http://www.head-fi.org.
4. Right-click in the Network window of the Developer Tools, and select the "Save as HAR with Content" option.
5. Send the HAR data to me at joe@head-fi.org, and I can pass it onto the tech team.

This will give the tech team the necessary data to investigate this further and see what's going on.

HI Joe,

Sorry but how do i "right click" on the Mac?

Aug 5, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #33 of 54
  @Rossliew

Since you downloaded Chrome, could you get some information from the Chrome Developer Tools Network panel?

You can read about how to access it here: https://developer.chrome.com/devtools/index

What the tech team needs is for you to do the following:

1. Clear the cache in Chrome by clicking "Chrome" in the top menu bar, and select "Clear browsing data..."
2. Open network panel/tab of the Developer Tools
3. Visit http://www.head-fi.org.
4. Right-click in the Network window of the Developer Tools, and select the "Save as HAR with Content" option.
5. Send the HAR data to me at joe@head-fi.org, and I can pass it onto the tech team.

This will give the tech team the necessary data to investigate this further and see what's going on.

I've just sent it to you by email. Please let me know if it's correctly done. Thanks for the help again!

Aug 5, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #35 of 54
@Rossliew - The tech team has checked the logs you sent, and they can't seem to find anything that would prevent connections on the server end of things.  They suspect it's a local configuration issue at your end.  I'm still investigating, but it definitely seems specific to your computer.

Are you running any type of antivirus, perchance?

Edit: We can also try clearing your DNS cache in OSX, as perhaps it could be causing an issue. Take a look at this article for a brief walkthrough on how to clear your DNS cache.  I'd also clear your browser cache (as you previously had) before doing this, shut down your browsers completely (hit Command + Q when they are the active program), then clearing the OSX cache. 

Aug 6, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #36 of 54
  @Rossliew - The tech team has checked the logs you sent, and they can't seem to find anything that would prevent connections on the server end of things.  They suspect it's a local configuration issue at your end.  I'm still investigating, but it definitely seems specific to your computer.

Are you running any type of antivirus, perchance?

Edit: We can also try clearing your DNS cache in OSX, as perhaps it could be causing an issue. Take a look at this article for a brief walkthrough on how to clear your DNS cache.  I'd also clear your browser cache (as you previously had) before doing this, shut down your browsers completely (hit Command + Q when they are the active program), then clearing the OSX cache. 

Joe, I have not uploaded any virus program at all. Using whatever that came with the Mac. Also, I am sure not how to go about clearing the DNS cache. The following paragraphs read :

Remember, each of these commands must be entered into the command line, by way of the Terminal applications (found in /Applications/Utilities/ in all version of Mac OS X). Launch that app first and then you can just copy and paste the commands in if you’d like.

Flush DNS in OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Running the latest version of OS X? Here is how to flush the DNS cache in 10.9:

dscacheutil -flushcache;sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder

You will need to enter the admin password for this task to complete. If you notice, it combines killing mDNSResponder with the standard dscacheutil, making it a two step process to first, flush cache, then reload the DNS handling in OS X so that the changes take effect.

Where do I locate  "/Applications/Utilities" ? And it further says i will need the admin password to complete the task - would I have this password ? 

Aug 6, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #37 of 54
In your Applications folder, there's a Folder called "Utilities".  Terminal is in that folder.  

You can find the Applications folder the following ways:

1) It's common to have an Applications folder in your Dock.  If not, you can find it...
2) ...by opening a Finder window, and clicking the Applications link in the sidebar:

3) If that isn't there, You can always go to the upper right of your top toolbar and click on the Spotlight search icon...

...and enter "Terminal". 

The admin password would be the password for your profile on your Mac.  If you don't have a password, simply hit hit enter.

Aug 6, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #42 of 54
Interesting.  I'll do some tests on my Mac to see if I can replicate that same scenario with similar profile. 

Can you open the System Preferences area...

...click the User & Groups icon...

...and see if:

1) You have only one account listed, and
2) that it is lists itself as "Admin".

I'll need this information to create my test account and see if I can replicate the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back