Unable to display images
Aug 6, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #51 of 54
Okay...

Do the following:

1) Follow the browser cache clearing steps here, but DON'T restart Safari.
2) Clear the cache in Chrome by clicking "Chrome" in the top menu bar, and select "Clear browsing data...".
3) Close Chrome the same way you closed Safari.
4) Verify both are closed by looking in the Dock to make sure the white dot is not underneath either browser icon.
5) Re-run the DNS cache clearing in OSX via the terminal again.  The command can be found here.
6) Shut down your Mac.
7) Start your Mac.
8) See if the issue persists.

Aug 6, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #53 of 54
Clearing the DNS cache helps briefly, then it persists.  It does seem to be DNS related, but I'm not sure where the hangup is.  I'm curious if the problem would occur if you were on another wifi network, or if your modem and router were restarted to clear any DNS cache out of those devices.  (Testing on another network would rule out home equipment as a potential problem.)

Outside of that, I can only suggest an Apple Genius, as I'm running out of ideas.

Aug 6, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #54 of 54
  Clearing the DNS cache helps briefly, then it persists.  It does seem to be DNS related, but I'm not sure where the hangup is.  I'm curious if the problem would occur if you were on another wifi network, or if your modem and router were restarted to clear any DNS cache out of those devices.  (Testing on another network would rule out home equipment as a potential problem.)

Outside of that, I can only suggest an Apple Genius, as I'm running out of ideas.

Thanks for all the help thus far, Joe. I will try to restart the modem but i doubt that is the cause as the site works fine on the cellphone via wifi. Maybe i need to try an external wifi just to be sure. Yes, Apple experts, kindly chime in..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back