UN****ING BELIEVABLE EBAY
May 12, 2006 at 12:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

dhp

(formerly known as DieInAFire)
what the. I am about to snipe the auction on ebay when it auto logs out, and I'm repeatedly refreshing until there are 10 seconds left, and I made sure to log in several minutes earlier. !!!!!

EDIT: I've calmed down

May 12, 2006 at 12:59 AM Post #2 of 40
Then don't try to snipe. There is a reason there is proxy bidding.

May 12, 2006 at 1:01 AM Post #3 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firam
Then don't try to snipe. There is a reason there is proxy bidding.

sometimes it encourages bidders to keep their max low, it's probably a psychological thing.

May 12, 2006 at 1:29 AM Post #4 of 40
Sniping is filthy horrible behaviour.

(unlucky mate)
biggrin.gif

May 12, 2006 at 1:45 AM Post #5 of 40
Sorry to say it, but sniping allowed! BTW, what were you sniping.
etysmile.gif

May 12, 2006 at 2:02 AM Post #8 of 40
If its not a decently priced 'buy-it-now'...sniping or last second bidding is the only way I ebay. I have gotton some really sweet deals that way.

sorry to hear about the trouble...looks like it was a sick deal.

May 12, 2006 at 2:02 AM Post #9 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieInAFire
what the. I am about to snipe the auction on ebay when it auto logs out, and I'm repeatedly refreshing until there are 10 seconds left, and I made sure to log in several minutes earlier. !!!!!

why don't you use one some sniping software? I have used auctionstealer many, many times. Aside from preventing you to get mad if the connection freezes or the like, it also makes you save money: you set the price you want to snipe at hours or days beforehand, and you don't get caught in the bidding frenzy.

May 12, 2006 at 2:04 AM Post #10 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by calaf
why don't you use one some sniping software? I have used auctionstealer many, many times. Aside from preventing you to get mad if the connection freezes or the like, it also makes you save money: you set the price you want to snipe at hours or days beforehand, and you don't get caught in the bidding frenzy.

eh, dunno, I've never run into problems with how I do it except for today. ARRRG, could've nabbed that as I'm in the market for a decent CDP

May 12, 2006 at 2:07 AM Post #11 of 40
You should have typed in an odd value, $85 is too common. While $85.26 for example wouldn't have won the auction it improves the chances.

May 12, 2006 at 2:47 AM Post #13 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieInAFire
i didnt type in 85
confused.gif

I was going to type in 91.75

My bad I thought you were redvibrochamp.

May 12, 2006 at 3:23 AM Post #14 of 40
I like Auction Sentry. Not only does it work well, it has a more efficient interface than ebay itself, and you can track profits if you're a trader.

I don't snipe to be mean -- I do it to help keep myself under control. I submit a fair price and walk away. If I get cold feet, I can cancel the pending bid up until the very end.

May 12, 2006 at 4:28 AM Post #15 of 40
I am also a closet sniper. I usually leave about 30-40 seconds for others to react, but nonetheless it's the last minute, and I'm denying less-interested bidders the chance to rebid. It's a 2-way street however, as I've had my own auctions sniped at the last second for much cheaper than usual. Ebay could fix the problem by extending the auction for a few minutes after late bids (similar to real auctions), but they don't. Its just how their system works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back