Ummm.. Is the X-Fi ExtremeAudio that bad? I just ordered one...
Oct 8, 2007 at 7:34 AM Post #31 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yukon Trooper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
XtremeGamer is the lowest you can go with a dedicated X-Fi processing chip. XtremeAudio is complete junk. XtremeMusic is great but you'll have to find one used or a refurbished unit (which is totally fine) on eBay. They go for around $75.

For listening to music, it is far from junk. Do some research before jumping on the public opinion bandwagon's.

Even for gaming it is good when compared to things like the AV-710, or onboard.

Oct 8, 2007 at 9:50 AM Post #32 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnGnome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For listening to music, it is far from junk. Do some research before jumping on the public opinion bandwagon's.

Even for gaming it is good when compared to things like the AV-710, or onboard.

I have and for gaming it's worthwhile to skip the XtremeAudio. For the extra $ you pay for the Gamer or Music it's very much worth it. There is a very noticeable gain in performance when alleviating the work on the CPU to the sound card processor. I never said anything about music and I guess I should have singled out gaming as the sole purpose of my argument, but in this regard the XtremeAudio doesn't touch the XtremeGamer or XtremeMusic. Unless of course you don't mind the extra processing offloaded onto the CPU but for me it's a no brainer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back