UM56 vs ACS customs for UM3X/W3
Jun 12, 2009 at 6:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kaushama

Headphoneus Supremus
After long listening sessions I have decided to keep UM3x as my final choice for IEM between IE8, W3 and TF10.
I know the UM56 improve the sound quality significantly on westone IEMs. But it very expensive in Europe compared to ACS customs.
Any comparisons??
Anyone using ACS customs on W3/UM3X? How it is compared to stock universal eartips?

Jun 12, 2009 at 8:52 AM Post #2 of 6
The UM56 isn't going to improve the sound significantly... If you've got a good fit and your seal is very good then the sound quality won't be that much better, maybe a little bit. If you've got fitting problems with tips: Those will be gone and the SQ will of course be better.

Jul 4, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuglufttier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The UM56 isn't going to improve the sound significantly... If you've got a good fit and your seal is very good then the sound quality won't be that much better, maybe a little bit. If you've got fitting problems with tips: Those will be gone and the SQ will of course be better.

The UM56 do sound much better on the W3 and UM3X than stock tips, I've "been there done that", and to me it was very much worth it.

Jul 4, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #4 of 6
I've been using the shure grey tips, those rubbery type tips and was also thinking of getting the um56 or ACS custom moulds. Just not quite sure which would be a better choice thou
ph34r.gif

Jul 4, 2009 at 2:21 PM Post #6 of 6
Might be my next expenditure, the UM56s, since they seem to really lift the W3s. I love them now, with the tri-flanges modded at the stem. But would love to get even a little more SQ out of them. May have to wait for Xmas at this point, but I guess I will go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back