UM56 or Sensaphonics
Dec 8, 2008 at 8:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

canadianbif

Head-Fier
I have the se530s, which custom tips are better, the um56s or the sensaphonics? And which feel better because the um56s are canal only while the sensaphonics are full ear customs?

Dec 8, 2008 at 10:53 PM Post #3 of 19
I am using sensa custom sleeves, but never tried um56s. I doubt that there will be anyone who has both, however I can say that sensas are made of silicone and they are very comfortable. I am living in Chicago and had the chance of doing everything in person. There was a problem with the sleeves when I first got them, the sound was too muffled and there was less treble than before. It turns out that the interior of the silicone sleeves should be cleaned and they had to be bored a bit more. People complaining about the sleeves making the sound bad with treble cut-off are probably suffering from the same problem I had. I think that the sleeves do not worsen the sound, in contrary they improve it slightly and the comfort level is not even comparable to other universal tips you get with the iems. I can sleep with these in my ears and do not feel any soreness at all... Hope this helps.

Dec 9, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #10 of 19
I've never used the Sensaphonics or SE530 but I do have the UM56 tips for my UM2. As long as the ear impressions are done right, the UM56 should be very comfortable, as with any custom earmould. I actually had to have mine redone as they didn't turn out right the first time. The sound quality is good, more balanced than Comply tips, though the UM2's mids are much too forward. The Comply tips increase the bass and reduce the treble. I find that isolation is actually a bit better with Complys and they can be even more comfortable than custom tips. So Complys are great for on-stage use or outdoor activities; custom tips may be better for office/home use.

Dec 9, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #12 of 19
I know headphoneaddict used that set up and it broke the stem of his shures. so...

Dec 9, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #13 of 19
yeah, i remember reading that, im leaning toward the sensaphonics but i have 2 questions left:

1. how bad is the attenuation of the highs on the sensaphonics?
and
2. how do the full ear customs feel vs the inner ear customs like the UM56

Dec 9, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #15 of 19
you will not find someone who has both dude. seriously, give it up. you will get opinions on both but the chances of one person with the 2 is unrealistic. why would you need both. they last for ages

Users who are viewing this thread

Back