UM3X accurate but boring for personal listening?
Oct 20, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #16 of 19
I was looking at the W3 but the fit on the UM3X appears to be better, since its not as large as the W3, or at least so i have read. Im guessin if i liked my super 5 fi pro i prob will still love the UM3X, it also helps im currently using Marshmallows, haha

Oct 20, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #17 of 19
I agree. To me W3 sounds like a dead ringer for a Super Fi Pro on steriods.

And the Triple Fi 10 Pro sounds like what one would think would be the next leap from UM2.

Very odd....

Oct 20, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by chicagojammer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was looking at the W3 but the fit on the UM3X appears to be better, since its not as large as the W3, or at least so i have read. Im guessin if i liked my super 5 fi pro i prob will still love the UM3X, it also helps im currently using Marshmallows, haha

UM3x is smaller than the W3 but the comfort on the W3 is a non-issue. The design on both is brilliant: short nozzle with a flat outer shell so it stays flush with (or even inside of) your outer ear. I guess you'll just have to hear both to decide, but my experience with the Shure SE530s taught me that I didn't like earphones that are heavy on mid-range and comparatively recessed in treble and bass. Not saying that this also describes the UM3x, but I wanted an IEM whose highs and lows would make me stop and lose myself in what I was listening to, and not just provide pleasant background music like the 530s usually did.

Oct 20, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Detrex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, they're recessed in the upper treble region but not in the bass.

se530frequency.png

I was just speaking from my personal experience with the 530s, unamped out of my ipod Touch 2g, and in comparison to the W3s. With every tip that comes with the 530s, as well as yellow foams, Comply T-100s, and custom UM56, the W3s have noticeably more bass to me. The frequencies may be there, but I don't feel as much of a visceral impact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back