UM2s Own All.
Apr 11, 2005 at 12:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5
I know some might consider a post like this as spam but I HAVE to express to as many people as I can how great and how much I enjoy my Westone UM2's. I doubt there is a single piece of head gear that can even touch the UM2’s under $500.

These are THE greatest gaming phones I could ever imagine. UM2’s take the almost inaudible to the stabbing loud and squishes them together to 1 smooth detailed easy listing level, to the point where foot step sounds are as loud as gun fire. They also provide amazing positioning and atmosphere.
My FR jumped from around 7 to like 15 after using the UM2s.
http://aaotracker.4players.de/usertr...?userid=176914
I really shouldn’t be sharing my impressions if I want to keep owning, but Westone disserves the publicity.

The only gay thing about this is that it also pushes the normally inaudible white noise produced from some amps and makes it very present. My karma with, what 96snr? I can still hear white noise pretty dang clearly, but not to the point that it affects the music, only really stands out when it’s paused, backlight is on or hard drive’s spinning.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not only in love with these cuz they act like wall hacks in games, these shine at everything and every type of music. With stock foamies the sound does revolve around mids with highs and lows slightly (very slightly) hanging off them. Pretty sure this can be neutralized with new tips like Shure tris which are on the way.

Also sound is slightly hard but I think it’s something you will never be able to totally get rid of in canal phones.

K tired of typing,

If you’re a gamer these phones are a must, and anyone considering these for any purpose should stop considering and grabem. They blow my grado225s into the garbage with music aswell.

A+ phones.

Apr 11, 2005 at 5:11 PM Post #2 of 5
Heh, wait till you hear the SR-001's! I've thought of using canalphones for gaming, but didn't really try. The relative imaging of the ER-4 is excellent though, and if I can get over the diminished soundstage, it's a good bet that they'll be pretty good for gaming. I'm a pretty good FPS player, close to pro - I'll try this out and give an opinion. If canalphones can really work well with gaming, this could be a big thing.

Enjoy your UM2's. I don't know if they're the best sound for the money - the SR-001 will probably beat them there - but they sure as hell are one of the best all-around heaphones you can get, given their tremendous practicality, and I would recommend them over the 001 based on that alone. I somehow doubt upgraditis will hit you for a long time.

Apr 11, 2005 at 5:12 PM Post #3 of 5
What other IEMs have you compared them too?

Apr 11, 2005 at 6:58 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt_Carter
...The only gay thing about this is....

are you 12, or just homophobic?
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back