UM2's on the way....
Jun 23, 2005 at 12:53 PM Post #2 of 9
I think you will be happy. But you may want to think about getting some custom moulds
wink.gif
Seriously, I went through E2, E3, Ety 4P, E5 and finally settled on the UM2s. I have decided that the UM2s gave me enough musical pleasure and I really don't need to seek the "next level." Of course that could change...

Jun 23, 2005 at 5:16 PM Post #3 of 9
I have had the UM2's for some time now and they do a very fine job presenting the musical landscape.

John

Jun 23, 2005 at 6:03 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nights_85
Dear oh dear, I just forked out $403AU for a pair of earphones, DAMN YOU HEAD-FI!!

Now I sit twiddling my thumbs playing the waiting game

nice
icon10.gif

Jun 23, 2005 at 6:20 PM Post #5 of 9
Congrats...I ordered and received mine just recently. I have no problem getting a good seal (I'm used to tri-flange ear plugs from racing). I was actually pleased that they did not give that "music in my head" feeling.

If you turn up the bass, they will rumble your head.
basshead.gif
They do sound better with my SM3.

-Alex

Jun 24, 2005 at 12:01 PM Post #6 of 9
hmm.. do u snip the front tip off ur triflange as well? Im more considering those soft sleves rom shure since using the biflanges with er6's wasn't the best experience (not that it's uncomfortable but I can always feel it there and I was always adjusting the right earphone).. Im just not oo sure which size soft sleeve I should buy, Jmmmm says since they're more compressable than the original shure sleeves I should get a larger size than what I use for the original sleeves on my e2c's

anyone else have that sort of experience as well? or are the er4 triflanges much better than the er6 tips in terms of comfort?

Jun 24, 2005 at 2:51 PM Post #7 of 9
Oh, my post was a little deceiving. I meant to say that I'm used to having things in my ears from using race plugs (which are tri-flanged). I actually am using the long foamies that come with the UM2. They feel fine to me....had them in for several hours last night with no problems (except for the occasional itch in my ear that I scratch by rotating the driver).

I'd grab a bunch of types and see what works best for you. You even have the option of getting custom molds for your UM2s. MSRP $100 + impressions.

-Alex

Jun 24, 2005 at 3:38 PM Post #9 of 9
Congrats on the purchase. I think you'll be very pleased.

I just got mine a few days ago, and am presently burning in. (Yes, they do respond to burn-in, like most good earphones; oddly, I couldn't discern a burn-in with my DT880s.)

Those Comply tips are like having litle pillows in your ears, but they also accentuate the bass more than some care for. I've heard that some users use the triflange Shure replacement tips not so much for comfort as to reduce bass response. (I've not had great success being able to order them, however.)

etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back