UM2 vs. ES2, Worth the price?
Sep 26, 2006 at 5:41 PM Post #31 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangs55
Only the UE10's I used to have were custom molds...anything else you want to know while we seem to be getting a tad bit defensive in this post?
cool.gif

And you like the E500's better than the UE10? Well whatever makes you happy but the point remains custom tips are not equal to custom IEM's. Not sure what the E500's had to do with anything in this thread anyway but since you were trolling
tongue.gif

Dec 7, 2006 at 4:38 AM Post #34 of 47
Like they say...once you go custom, you never go back. Buy wisely. I am staying away from custom stuff I can't resell.

Dec 7, 2006 at 5:14 AM Post #35 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt_Carter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So what, you threw your UE10's in the garbage?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangs55 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope, stolen along with my old ipod and books/syllabus from medical school...

Scotty, got your ES2 yet?

Dec 7, 2006 at 6:30 AM Post #36 of 47
Have a look at this thread on ES2 Has some pics and a good review.

Dec 7, 2006 at 3:25 PM Post #37 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Scotty, got your ES2 yet?

I'm currently on my 4th re-fit, and second re-mold. Im not a big fan of customs at this point. 2 months and counting since I ordered. That being said, Dale has been great.

Dec 7, 2006 at 4:50 PM Post #38 of 47
!!

That's quite tough on you! I'd be very pissed off if they didn't fit after the second refitting...

Dec 7, 2006 at 4:54 PM Post #39 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty757 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm currently on my 4th re-fit, and second re-mold. Im not a big fan of customs at this point. 2 months and counting since I ordered. That being said, Dale has been great.

Did you ask Westone which of the audiologists in your area had the least re-fits according to their records? That's what I did and they nailed it the first time... sorry you're having issues man, I hope they sort it out!

Dec 7, 2006 at 5:12 PM Post #40 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you ask Westone which of the audiologists in your area had the least re-fits according to their records? That's what I did and they nailed it the first time... sorry you're having issues man, I hope they sort it out!

That's very good advice!

Dec 7, 2006 at 5:31 PM Post #41 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty757 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe you should consider another audiologist to take impressions. Westone has a pretty decent track record when it comes to refits, I'm betting it's the audiologist.

Dec 7, 2006 at 9:19 PM Post #42 of 47
I agree with finding a different audiologist.

That said, where I live there are 2 Westone dealers. Neither of them had ever heard of ES2's nor did they have any experience with IEM's. (Westone is primarily a maker of hearing aids and both audiologists had considerable experience with the hearing aid side of the house.) Nevertheless, the audiologist made the impressions, had Westone on the phone as she was doing it to make sure she got it right (she ended up doing each ear 3 times during the initial appointment), and was very capable. When the phones came back, the right one didn't work right, so she made more impressions and sent them back. This time they worked perfectly.

I agree this is a time consuming, frustrating and annoying pain. In the end I'd do it all over again for the final product.

A footnote: 4 days ago I dropped the phones on a tile floor. The left one shattered. Oh man... Westone has the phones as we speak and I'm waiting for the outcome. The point, other than to say these things are breakable, is to say that I've been using my UM2's for the last couple days. What a come down, it's gotten so I don't really want to listen. It's not that the UM2's are bad, it's that the ES2's are that much better.

Dec 7, 2006 at 9:28 PM Post #43 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, the difference is definitely worth it. I had UM2's with UM56's for a year, and I had heard that the SQ was "close" to ES2. After the stem broke off of one side of my UM2's a month ago I figured I may as well just get the the ES2's. The difference isn't close at all. Both isolation and comfort are greatly improved, and the SQ was a big step up. Much more balanced and detailed sound.

I don't understand how isolation and comfort could be better than UM2/56. The part that goes in your ear is the same, right? I lust for ES2s but my wife would kill me. It's kind of weird telling people how great something sounds, but they can't try it out.

dscf0011ww8.jpg

Dec 7, 2006 at 9:49 PM Post #45 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because.. isolation: there's more of your ears getting sealed
comfort: magic

That makes no sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back