UM2 Review: possibly the best overall Universal IEM available
Sep 23, 2006 at 5:20 AM Post #31 of 36
How is the isolation of the UM2's? I need to have this as a comfy phone to lie down on my side. I felt the E500's were fine in this position. I'm not exaggerating, this is a MUST in terms of me getting sleep. My wife snores and my new daughter is a screamer in her sleep, so....I either continue to sleep in the lounge chair in my living room, or I get some IEM's I can sleep with
biggrin.gif

Sep 23, 2006 at 5:32 AM Post #32 of 36
I've tried several Shure products but ended up with the UM2s just because they are the most comfortable IEMs I've tried. I'm not 100% satisfied with the sound, it seems to lack detail, or sounds rolled off, but I can't beat it for comfort. If you're not comfortable, you're not listening very long.

Sep 23, 2006 at 5:41 AM Post #33 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen
I've tried several Shure products but ended up with the UM2s just because they are the most comfortable IEMs I've tried. I'm not 100% satisfied with the sound, it seems to lack detail, or sounds rolled off, but I can't beat it for comfort. If you're not comfortable, you're not listening very long.

How about sound isolation? How do they compare to the Shures? Or Etys if you have tried them. Really, as long as when music is playing it is enough to block out my wife's snores and ambient noise then I'm in.

Sep 23, 2006 at 2:28 PM Post #34 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri
And he owned the UM2 that i now have, traded with my e5c
wink.gif

BTW, we both liked our decision, i found the UM2 more comfortable and the sound suits me better while he liked the sound of the E5c better
I guess it's all down to personal preferences

Yeah.. what i loves about the UM2 is its mids and comfort... No IEM i hear before can present that plentiful and liquid smooth mids

Sep 23, 2006 at 2:30 PM Post #35 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
How about sound isolation? How do they compare to the Shures? Or Etys if you have tried them. Really, as long as when music is playing it is enough to block out my wife's snores and ambient noise then I'm in.

For most IEM if you can fit in the triple flange or foam tips.. i bet even wo music on you will not heard even a fighter jets just fly past you
biggrin.gif

Sep 23, 2006 at 4:25 PM Post #36 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth

I haven't lived with Etys so it's hard to say. I think the UM2s are on par with the Shures. I never got complete isolation with an IEM. I could always hear some outside noise. With the music on though, it completely disappears. I always try the snap test. I snap my fingers next to my ear and see how much I can hear. I can always hear a little bit, but it sounds like a very light brushing, like I'm rubbing my fingers together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back