UM2 problem! Right channel conked out
Dec 7, 2005 at 4:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

pianomaster

New Head-Fier
I've had my UM2s for about a month now and have just begun to totally enjoy their sound, comfort, and lack of cable noise (compared to my ER4s)...I've been using them at the gym a lot, too.

Today, about 30 minutes into my 1st run since Thanksgiving (trust me i needed it), the right channel just quit working mid-stride. This happened to me before with the ety's and replacing the filter usually fixed them (i did have to ship them to etymotic once, though)...now the UM2s have no filter, so what am i to do? anyone else had this problem? i'm worried that perhaps i got too sweaty and it leaked into the bore...several hours later, the right channel isn't completely shot and is barely audible, so i don't know how to interpret this. I've been very careful with the cable, haven't jerked it around or anything...just wanted to know if any IEM users, not just the westones, have encountered this

Any help would be great guys, thanks a lot!

Dec 7, 2005 at 5:39 AM Post #2 of 4
Three weeks ago my UM2's left side had some buzzing noise at moderately high volume that did not occur with my Shure E4. I contacted Westone and they asked me to ship it to them and I got it back less than a week.

I think they just sent me another one since the one I sent them had original clear cable and the replacement I got has black cable. So far...they have great service.

Dec 7, 2005 at 7:13 AM Post #3 of 4
My UM2's left driver messed up, but magically came back to life 2 days later
tongue.gif
I e-mailed Westone to let them know what happened, and thought their customer service was great. I got an extensive e-mail in return letting me know where to ship them, how to ship them (insurance, etc), and who to contact if there were any more problems. I regret hearing that one of your drivers is dead but it should be no problem to get it fixed by Westone.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 7, 2005 at 10:17 AM Post #4 of 4
Role up some tissue paper and push it down into the filter. let it sit and soak up the liquid. What happens is, if water gets in the nozzle, ill soak the filter cloth then start to build up underneath forming a seal with-in absorbing the sound. Soaking it up with tissue paper worked for me. If this doesn't work or u find them unbalanced afterwards, just send them back to Weston to get new filters installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back