UM2-IPOD CLASSIC-GO VIBE PETITE make good sound?
May 1, 2008 at 4:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

coors68

New Head-Fier
Hi, all.
I am going to buy UM2.
Before buy it, I would like to know about matching sound for my rig.

IPOD CLASSIC 80GB (line out)+ GO VIBE PETITE .

My music taste is rock 30, jazz 20, pop 10, classic 20, r&b 20.

Some one said that ipod & um2 is not good maching.

I don't know....

Please give me your advice.

If it is not really good matching, give me a other option.

Many thanks.

May 2, 2008 at 6:04 PM Post #4 of 6
I was about to reply to the other thread when I saw this one, and I would only caution you regarding UM2s because of their sensitivity and penchant for hiss. Usually an amp combo can help, but you might wait for replies from others who know (using Sony ATRAC gear, I have no clue) whether this particular setup will work well or not. That said, I've used mine enthusiastically for a little over 2 years as my favorite IEM, and would only consider customs or Westone 3s as upgrades. I've never owned or heard a pair of Shure E5/530s, and so can't comment on their sound or validity of comparison to the UM2s. I have owned a pair of E3c and E4c. The 3s were adequate and owned before a pair of Ety 4Ps, which immediately outclassed them. Previous to that, they replaced my venerable EX71s as my first true IEMs introducing me to better sound and isolation. The 4s were acquired after getting my UM2s and never got a real chance, always sounding a little dull and lifeless compared to them, so I've never been a real Shure IEM fan (although I love their grey softips!). Good luck and enjoy!

May 2, 2008 at 8:04 PM Post #5 of 6
I use my UM2 with my 2nd gen Nano and there is no hiss with good recordings, only with old or bad ones. Initially there is a hiss when you connect them but it goes away when music starts, and no, is not because of music masking it. I don't want to come accross as alkways defending the UM2's but they sound really good to my ears and can sleep with then. When I use the Headsix, there is subtle (not marked) improvemnt in music.

May 2, 2008 at 8:31 PM Post #6 of 6
UM2s are great. If you're worried about hiss use get a Zune. No amp needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back