UM2 for 250 (CAD)?
Oct 26, 2008 at 3:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Gberg

100+ Head-Fier
I found a retailer selling the westone UM2 for 250 CAD.. should I be skeptical of this? It seems too good to be true given the prices online.

Also, are the UM2s as comfortable as the SE530s? I was really looking to buy shure's top-line product until I found this really good price.

Thanks

Oct 26, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #2 of 6
Most of the time under such prices the warranty wouldn't be provided, at least not by Westone. Check the warranty conditions. And you wouldn't find any universal IEM that's more comfortable than the UM1 and UM2.

Oct 26, 2008 at 3:27 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ya it comes with a 1-2 year warranty I think.

Who says? It easy enough for the seller to say that's the case but unless they are authorised to sell the product by Westone it doesn't mean a thing.

The easiest thing to do is to email Westone's customer service and ask them if your earphones would be covered under warranty if you buy from this particular seller. You don't even have to mention what price the seller is offering them for.

From what I've seen of my own UM2 they are really well made so, as long as you take care of them, they should easily last two years anyway ... but it's nice to have a guarantee that they'll be okay for at least two years.

Oh, and comfort wise the UM2 are excellent. I haven't tried the Shure SE530 though I understand that they are also very comfortable, so you should be happy with whichever pait you buy.

Oct 26, 2008 at 3:33 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found a retailer selling the westone UM2 for 250 CAD.. should I be skeptical of this? It seems too good to be true given the prices online.

Also, are the UM2s as comfortable as the SE530s? I was really looking to buy shure's top-line product until I found this really good price.

Thanks

If you mean a downtown toronto retailer with a physical store, then yes.

If your answer is no, go to beam echo anyways
smily_headphones1.gif

(I'm not associated with them at all, other then giving them my money once or twice)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back