UM2 Driver dying?
Jul 12, 2007 at 4:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

defjux

New Head-Fier
I've always made sure to handle my headphones carefully, but it seems that the right monitor has slowly died to the point where I can barely hear anything coming out of it, versus the left monitor.

The thing that confuses me is the way in which it happened. It's not like I dropped it in a bathtub and it no longer works, it just sort of withered away. Has anyone else gotten this before, and if so, is it time to bury them in a shoebox in the backyard and look for something new?

Jul 12, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #2 of 6
how long have you had them for? if less than one year, then the obvious solution would be to just get a replacement, but that probably isn't the case with dying earphones subjected to normal use

Jul 12, 2007 at 5:13 PM Post #3 of 6
yeah, they've been used for a couple of years now. just wondering if it's normal for them to go out like this, and even more strangely, only one side.

Jul 12, 2007 at 5:13 PM Post #5 of 6
It's probably a clogged filter. You still have to send them back.

Jul 12, 2007 at 5:28 PM Post #6 of 6
thanks for the help--i'll be sending off an email to westone asap.

any storage tips so it doesn't happen again? i usually just roll them up and put them in my pocket when i'm walking around without them in, but i rarely store them in the case because it's bulky. but since it's a moisture issue, and the case comes with (what i presume is) an anti-moisture pack, should i start making case storage a habit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back