um1 with triflange
Nov 27, 2005 at 12:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

smeerkaas

500+ Head-Fier
i've just got my um1's and i'm quite pleased with the sound.

The foamies work perfectly but when I use the triflanges the sound in my left ear is very muffled but the sound in my right ear is ok.

Does anyone know what's causing this?

If i pull them out a little the sound isn't muffled but then my seal is broken and the volume on the right is higher.

Would converting them to biflanges slove my problem?

Nov 27, 2005 at 1:15 AM Post #2 of 5
I had a similar problem with the triflanges, though with both ears, when they were inserted all of the way. They were also pretty painful that way for me. I cut them down to biflanges and all is good.

I find the biflanges to be a nice change from the comfies, the treble opens up a bit and the bass is still pretty good. To me they don't have quite as "full" of a sound as the comfies and for me they aren't quite as comfortable (itchy sometimes) but they are easier to insert/remove. I use them both depending on mood/what I'm listening to/etc.

Ant

Nov 27, 2005 at 2:45 AM Post #3 of 5
the comfies a hard to come by here in Holland so i'll have to make due withe the triflanges.

But now one earpiece is having a significant drop in volume compared to the other, also with the supplied comfys.

i contacted westone about this and i hope this can be solved quickly despite the fact that i live in Holland.

Thanks for the info though cutting them down to biflanges looks like the smart thing to do

Nov 27, 2005 at 3:47 AM Post #4 of 5
I tried the tri flanges and I think they got so deep they touched something they shouldn't have, Ouch! I like the big foamies the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back