UM ordering question on earmolds
Dec 31, 2011 at 11:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

peter_fj101

New Head-Fier
Hey all

I just need someone to help me ratIonale whether it is a psychological thing or real.
I sent my ear molds and got my first pair of UM iem with the perfect fit so I decided to order another pair and asked them to use the same mold.   I remember reading that ear molds get smaller over time as they shrink with their material so with my second pair I can't help but think that they fit a bit smaller.   However a previous video of JH process onyoutube showed that they made a permanent acrylic mold based on my ear old to make the actual shells for iem so the original ear mold is actually used once to make the first acrylic mold.  

So can anybody tell me what method is true so I can stop thinking my second pair is not fitted as well as my first pair.  The thing is I also have another pair in process of being made and sent so I would hate to have the same feeling about it.  

Fyi both pairs fit well enough so I can feel that suction in my ears but the second pair I have to give it a small push first whereas the first pair gives me that feeling right when I put it on.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back