UM Miracle vs JH16 vs Shure SE846 vs Sennheiser IE800 vs AKG K3003i - help me to choose
Aug 30, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #31 of 40
Quote:
Regarding stage 3/4 , I tried both and I think they are really , really good. But the price tag is a huge problem.

at singapore the price of stage 3 and price of shure 846 is rather near..

yes..i am hesitating because of the price mark up in singapore..but they are really awesome for a EDM and bass person

Aug 31, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #32 of 40
Quote:
Hi ts, I think u are also from Singapore?

I am looking at u are interested in shure 846 means ur taste would be somehow similar to mine..check out compact monitor stage 3/4

U can pm me and go try tgt..I would need more suggestions actually

I see, I haven't actually tried the shure se846 yet but going to test it once I get enough money to buy the IEMs I listed.

Aug 31, 2013 at 7:07 AM Post #33 of 40
Quote:
Hi Nex,

Im using quite much source
I have hifiman 603slim and inside it all musics are in wav format
I also using iphone and ipad for easy listening and watching movies, for iphone all songs are in aac128 format
When i work, i use my laptop go to cafe and listening aac128 format with DACport centrance

I tried ak120 and i think it is quite good. But its not cheap
Ak100 is not bad for its price. I tried it also with tube amp and speakers. But i think its lack some "emotion" for slow music
(If you dont listen slow music, then ak100 is good)

And also, if i use a good player, i think the song file should be loseless also
If you are using a simple dap, i think aac128 is enough since the memory is not very big (my iphone is only 16GB)

But if you have a big storage, i think wav is much better than aac128 (in case if u use a good cans)

Sorry for my bad english
smily_headphones1.gif

It's okay I understand it at least :p

I haven't heard stuff from the ak120s before, but it's off my budget cuz it costs almost 2k in singapore I think, so yeah :p Probably just a normal source, I might just use my iPod Touch 4th or 5th gen as a source too since I don't use them that much. Would that be a good source?

I don't have a DAC either, looking for suggestions on one. As for loseless files, I'm not sure whether to get those cuz the difference in them without a very good set up is subtle. With my triplefi 10s I don't hear much of a diff with or without lostless files.

Aug 31, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #34 of 40

I haven't heard stuff from the ak120s before, but it's off my budget cuz it costs almost 2k in singapore I think, so yeah :p Probably just a normal source, I might just use my iPod Touch 4th or 5th gen as a source too since I don't use them that much. Would that be a good source?

I don't have a DAC either, looking for suggestions on one. As for loseless files, I'm not sure whether to get those cuz the difference in them without a very good set up is subtle. With my triplefi 10s I don't hear much of a diff with or without lostless files.

iDevice DACs are expensive IMO. I'd suggest just buy another DAP instead.

Aug 31, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #35 of 40

You are at singapore right?

Then why dont u just go to jaben and try all dap there?
You can also try all high end iem there
They have all demo unit
:)

Aug 31, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #36 of 40
Quote:
You are at singapore right?

Then why dont u just go to jaben and try all dap there?
You can also try all high end iem there
They have all demo unit
smily_headphones1.gif

Okay thanks ! I will go try soon but I don't want to walk into the store without the money prepared if not go inside try every single thing there then never spend a single cent feels very embarrassing

Sep 10, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #37 of 40
I honestly compared .flac and 320kbps .mp3 side by side, the difference is really quite subtle to me at least, though it did feel nicer to listen to .flac instead of .mp3

Nov 21, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #38 of 40
I use iPhone 5 64 gig as a player for pop and rock music with AIFF format .
I also use Astell&Kern AK120 as a player for high definition (audio master - 24bit-96 or 192khz) music.
Both I use Sennheiser IE800
I very satisfy with my choice

I ever try AKG3003 , but IE 800 much more better
Now I also pre order JH Sirens Series -Roxanne with carbon shell

Dec 2, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #39 of 40
Sorry for the necro post, but - coming from the TF10s (which I hated first time around, but loved second time around!) - I have to say that I agree with the below one million percent!

Quote:
  I find the IE800 to be a TF10 on Steroids. They share some similarities like tonality but the IE800 do present music in a much technically superior way.
IE800 bring a much better deep bass presence. Easily the best mids I've heard in a earphone. Very detailed.
Perfect upgrade in terms of sound.

Apr 7, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #40 of 40
Guys, I'm looking at the se846 mostly for enjoyment. I listen to a lot of electronic, so I like a little bass, but need lush mids, too. I've considered jh Roxanne, but I don't want anything too hard to drive (is it?). I want fantastic clarity and timbre as well. Seems like se846 will do it, but there's not a ton of info out there on others,imo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back