Ultrasone's High-End Models
Jan 22, 2007 at 10:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

onvn

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I am curious with Ultrasone's high-end models (Proline 750 and 2500). Has anybody used BOTH models before that can explain the main distinctions between the two models sonically (they sell for the same price at my headphone retailer, headphonic, so I am still deciding which I will get, If I decide to get an Ultrasone).

Thanks

Jan 22, 2007 at 11:13 AM Post #2 of 4
This thread is your friend. Its a long read, but its worth it.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=207164

Ultrasone has pretty unique headphones, they work for some but for others, they dont work at all because of unorthodox driver placement and angling. But they should be very good when/if they match to your ears. Plus burn-in time seems quite long.

Jan 22, 2007 at 11:21 AM Post #3 of 4
Jan 22, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by onvn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am curious with Ultrasone's high-end models (Proline 750 and 2500). Has anybody used BOTH models before that can explain the main distinctions between the two models sonically (they sell for the same price at my headphone retailer, headphonic, so I am still deciding which I will get, If I decide to get an Ultrasone).

What Kees said. I also have both. They are wonderful, professional-grade, reference-class cans with a slight edge going to the PROline 2500 for pure sonics and neutrality. Bass extension is ungodly deep, but never bloated, while upper-end detail is transparent and mercilessly revealing of source quality.

Mind you, both the PROline 750 & 2500 need a good 150 to 200 hours of proper burn-in before their titanium-plated drivers become supple enough to perform at their best!
750prolinebx3.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back