Ultrasone?
Aug 11, 2005 at 3:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

number11

New Head-Fier
I was considering getting some Ultrasone HFI-700s and was wondering if anybody had any opinions on these or any of they're other model. Hows the sound, durability, etc...? Are they worth the price? Any other suggestions for the price range and sound?

I've listened to some and I'm pretty happy, but I wanted to glean the collective knowledge of everyone here before I injure my wallet. Thanks

Aug 11, 2005 at 3:50 PM Post #2 of 5
Aug 11, 2005 at 3:52 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by number11
I was considering getting some Ultrasone HFI-700s and was wondering if anybody had any opinions on these or any of they're other model. Hows the sound, durability, etc...? Are they worth the price? Any other suggestions for the price range and sound?

I've had the HFI-700 for a while. Durability, well the have the infamous HD280 headband which is almost impossible not to crack, other than that they are ok. Comfort is only mediocre, as the cups are pretty small, and the pleather hot. Soundwise, they have a great powerrful bass, but the mids are not very great, and the highs are pretty fatiguing. Soundstage is very small for full-sized cans, but the positioning is good. I can only see someone really liking these for gaming, but even then the DT770 is better. I don't think they're worth the money, just get a DT770 instead, better sound, better comfort, better build, and most likely cheaper.

Aug 11, 2005 at 6:42 PM Post #4 of 5
Iron_Dreamer said:
I've had the HFI-700 for a while. Durability, well the have the infamous HD280 headband which is almost impossible not to crack.QUOTE]

On the average how long will it be with normal use until the headband breaks. I know they have a warranty, I just wonder if it will break a year after the warranty expires. Thanks

Aug 11, 2005 at 7:13 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by number11
On the average how long will it be with normal use until the headband breaks. I know they have a warranty, I just wonder if it will break a year after the warranty expires. Thanks

As far as I know -> there was a problem with the headband with former models - but they managed to fix this with the new models.
I own they Proline model and have no problem with discomfort (but they are differently build).

Did you have a look at this thread? Ultrasone's tested

Users who are viewing this thread

Back