Ultrasone VS ATH
Jan 26, 2012 at 1:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Dodgercat

New Head-Fier
I know this is more of a " portable forum A " But thought I would get best quality Answer here, and it is very much about Audio Quality.....I need a portable hp, am willing to spend good $, but can't seem to find one that will give me bass, range, and clarity I am use to in my studio set. So far I've been looking at ATH-70, Ultrasone 780 and the ES9WA, Phiatone MS 400 ....The typical descriptioin is " Well - " X" is pretty good, but your not going to get great bass out of it, other than the Phiaton 400, but I'm told " You'll get the bass, but not the quality - kind of like the Klipch One "   I'm almost ready to give up the search, and just go arround looking like a foo in my SN 650s....EXPERTS   HELP !!!

Jan 26, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #2 of 2
The reason why there is a separate high-end forum is to filter out threads like this and have a place to discuss stuff that's high-end. You should post your thread where it belongs.

As to your question, I think Ultrasones suck, and you should get a Senn HD25 or some IEMs. If you're willing to spend a lot of money, there are no portable headphones that will come anywhere near the quality of top-tier custom-molded IEMs except the Stax SR-001 system, which is somewhat impractical.

I spent some time with the ESW9 and thought it sounded surprisingly decent, but the fit was problematic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back