biggrin.gif

Oh, boy. Not what I wanted to hear.
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 2, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #32 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, boy. Not what I wanted to hear.
very_evil_smiley.gif

why? the bass is fine as is but got more precise.

May 2, 2008 at 7:35 PM Post #33 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why? the bass is fine as is but got more precise.

Or I should've said, "Oh, boy. Exactly not what my wallet wanted to hear."
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2008 at 7:39 PM Post #34 of 48
Quote:

Or I should've said, "Oh, boy. Exactly not what my wallet wanted to hear."
biggrin.gif

haha. i took it the wrong way. lol. sorry about that. Look for others opinions too. it's not too expensive for the s2 recable, but for ALO and all of them, gets pricey....

May 2, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #35 of 48
Quote:

haha. i took it the wrong way. lol. sorry about that. Look for others opinions too. it's not too expensive for the s2 recable, but for ALO and all of them, gets pricey....

elluzion, did s2 remove the 1/8 stereo connector on the left cup to make it a direct connection?

May 2, 2008 at 9:55 PM Post #37 of 48
Yup. For MY taste, Proline 750 bass is best sub bass I have heard from a headphone. Strong right down to the deep frequencies but still tight and surprisingly controlled despite its strength. Too bad midrange sucks though and highs could use some fine tuning (on stock atleast), it would be almost perfect headphone for my tastes otherwise.

May 2, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #38 of 48
Quote:

Yeah, I wanted to stay within my budget which is around 200ish. Although I like the aesthetics of ALO, I don't really feel safe plunging more money on a cable than what I've paid for the phone. S2 and Apuresound V3 seems to fit the bill better.

May 3, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #39 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
elluzion, did s2 remove the 1/8 stereo connector on the left cup to make it a direct connection?

I'll go ahead and answer this: Yes, the 1/8" jack is removed so both drivers are directly wired.

May 5, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #40 of 48
Quote:

Yeah, I wanted to stay within my budget which is around 200ish. Although I like the aesthetics of ALO, I don't really feel safe plunging more money on a cable than what I've paid for the phone. S2 and Apuresound V3 seems to fit the bill better.

yeah it looks nice but worth it?

microphonics are a lot worse with a re-cable
frown.gif

May 5, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #41 of 48
Elluzion, did you survive okay without any hi-fi headphones while those 750s and livewires were away from you?

May 5, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #42 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver Max /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Elluzion, did you survive okay without any hi-fi headphones while those 750s and livewires were away from you?

it was tough.... The reason I originally bought the 750s was to cope with the waiting time for the Livewires. LOL.

While I had both away, I just keep my hopes up that they would be in my mail box. I love music so it is tough when you have no hi-fi phones
frown.gif
but i manage ...

May 5, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #43 of 48
Quote:

yeah it looks nice but worth it?

microphonics are a lot worse with a re-cable
frown.gif

I've heard that different sleevings have different effects regarding microphonics. I know Apuresound has super nylon sleeving which is supposed to reduce considerable amount of microphonics. Does S2 audio give you any choices about cable sleevings?

May 5, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #44 of 48
Quote:

I've heard that different sleevings have different effects regarding microphonics. I know Apuresound has super nylon sleeving which is supposed to reduce considerable amount of microphonics. Does S2 audio give you any choices about cable sleevings?

Yes. i got the Nylon multifilament sleeving.

May 5, 2008 at 4:08 AM Post #45 of 48
Hmmm... Very interesting. Then, how's the sensitivity on the movement? In other words, does it take a big swing to produce microphonics or does it only take a small movement to produce microphonics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back