ULTRASONE Proline 750 review and pictures
Feb 6, 2007 at 9:34 PM Post #16 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by captian73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that's interesting, and i assume it's available inthe uk?

Probably not readily available. Best to contact Alexandra / Ultrasone directly if you're interested. UK is still EU, so the price should be the same, shipping-included.
wink.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #17 of 39
I see there's a new and infectious disease around headfi called Ultrasone,i look in now and again like an idiot and it costs me money!
I should have a pair of 2500's tommorrow and will be more than a little interested to find out what they sound like over the next few day's or so.
So many threads and so many opinions
confused.gif

I don't think i have ever ordered a pair of can's that have left me so unsure what to expect,maybe that's why i chose them,should be fun.

Feb 6, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #18 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyli3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see there's a new and infectious disease around headfi called Ultrasone,i look in now and again like an idiot and it costs me money!
I should have a pair of 2500's tommorrow and will be more than a little interested to find out what they sound like over the next few day's or so.
So many threads and so many opinions
confused.gif

I don't think i have ever ordered a pair of can's that have left me so unsure what to expect,maybe that's why i chose them,should be fun.

Congrats with your disease
icon10.gif
You will love it

Feb 6, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #20 of 39
Thanks for the welcome!
Nice review captian,i must say that choosing the 750 or 2500 was a bit of a toss up for me,in the end i chose the 2500 as isolation is not really going to be an issue,i can make much more noise with my guitars than will be heard from the Ultrasones!
I'll be using these with a 5g ipod going into a Xin sm3 amp,which with many opamp combos +the ability to run class A should[i hope] be fine,it has been with plenty of other can's.
Just noticed on your review captian that i ordered through the same place you got your 750's from,at least i now have confidence they will turn up ok.

Feb 6, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #21 of 39
I too am a fan of the Ultrasones thanks to Dex and others
Though I don’t have any yet !
frown.gif

Captian73 paid £159 and free P&P for his Ultrasone Proline 750
Here in Australia they want $A539- including delivery
With a suitable tube amp I’m looking at $A1000-

I don’t know what the current exchange rate is but imported headphones are much dearer here than Europe or the USA
confused.gif

There are no headphones made in Australia

In the interim I’ll invest in Alessandro: MS-1
Only $A150- here !

P S I’ve just caught a gecko trying to get in the back of my computer
I put it out in the garden
The house is fully insect screened, I don’t know how they get in !
frown.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #22 of 39
Hi Tony,

Congrats on your bold new purchase!
750prolinebx3.png

Quote:

I should have a pair of 2500's tomorrow and will be more than a little interested to find out what they sound like over the next few day's or so.

The burn-in on the 2500s is a most fascinating part of your new Ultrasone adventure, and it's gonna take quite a bit more than a few days, specifically 150-200 hours!
eek.gif

But you'll be able to enjoy hearing the incredible metamorphosis that accompanies this lengthy process as the 2500s go from harsh to utterly sublime!
wink.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #23 of 39
P S I’ve just caught a gecko trying to get in the back of my computer
I put it out in the garden
The house is fully insect screened, I don’t know how they get in !

Sounds a bit wicked to me, what's wrong with the odd gecko having a kip in your pc?think of all the insects it would keep out
wink.gif

I know what you mean about headphone prices and how they vary,buying a pair of Grado RS1's over here costs about the same as a cruise round the Bahamas on the QEII! the price for the Ultrasones was still cheaper than sr-225's which average around £175.

Feb 6, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #25 of 39
Thanks Dexdexter,yes i've been reading about the changes from these over time,should be interesting to hear for myself.
I've had very mixed views on burn in over the years but have experianced some strange phenomina,have had for example three pairs of HD650's of which one pair sounded terrible until given lots of time while the other two pairs seemed not to change much after a month or so, after all that i decided once and for all they were not for me,an expensive series of mistakes
frown.gif

The Ultrasones seem likely to prove to me one way or the other that burn in is physical as opposed to mentaly getting used to a new sound judging by so many people reporting how they change.

Feb 7, 2007 at 7:35 AM Post #26 of 39
Quote:

I've had very mixed views on burn in over the years but have experianced some strange phenomina,have had for example three pairs of HD650's of which one pair sounded terrible until given lots of time while the other two pairs seemed not to change much after a month or so, after all that i decided once and for all they were not for me,an expensive series of mistakes
frown.gif

The Ultrasones seem likely to prove to me one way or the other that burn in is physical as opposed to mentaly getting used to a new sound judging by so many people reporting how they change.

The good news, Tony, is that all reports I've seen about Ultrasone burn-in are quite consistent with my own experience in running-in 4 different pairs.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 7, 2007 at 9:02 AM Post #27 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Knoxious

for some reason i've been unable to find a pair of 750's in the States for less than $399. at the current exchange rate it worked out to £202.571 GBP. that's not got for the American brothers and sisters.

$539 Australian dollars is £212.815 GBP according to http://www.xe.comthat's not good at all.

http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/headphones-delivery.asphttp://www.iheadphones.co.uk/headphones-delivery.asponly deliver as far as europre. sorry people
confused.gif

Feb 7, 2007 at 9:04 AM Post #28 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Knoxious

for some reason i've been unable to find a pair of 750's in the States for less than $399. at the current exchange rate it worked out to £202.571 GBP. that's not got for the American brothers and sisters.

$539 Australian dollars is £212.815 GBP according to http://www.xe.com that's not good at all.

http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/headphones-delivery.asp only deliver as far as europre. sorry people
confused.gif

Feb 7, 2007 at 9:12 AM Post #29 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by captian73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

$539 Australian dollars is £212.815 GBP according to http://www.xe.com that's not good at all.

http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/headphones-delivery.asp only deliver as far as europre. sorry people
confused.gif

$399 is the lowest price that the stores can advertise, but some of them clearly state that, if you email or call them, they can give you a lower price.

I don't think it's good to publish the exact prices here in the forum, but so far Northern Sound & Light has the best price, which is muuch less than $399. Maybe they can ship outside of the US? If not, you can also try a store called RMC Audio and another one called A-I Consolidated, which gave me pretty decent prices by email.

Feb 7, 2007 at 10:00 AM Post #30 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoide
I don't think it's good to publish the exact prices here in the forum,

forgive me! i just thought that for once the uk market presented a better option than anywhere else. not be be nasty, but i was enjoying the fact.

we get royaly ripped off in england, cars, goods , petrol (gas) house prices, it's was just nice to revel in the thought that i might have be getting a bargin for once in my miserable life.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back