Ultrasone Proline 750 earpads
Jan 15, 2008 at 12:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

worldman

100+ Head-Fier
Yesterday, I experienced something which I want to share with all Ultrasone users. Because it is closed-type and I am hooked on its SQ, I am using my Proline 750 during commuting time (believe it or not) on the bus, train and tube in London.

The day before yesterday on the bus, I noticed that the earpad on my left ear had come a bit loose and so I put it back on by twisting it back to its place. Since then, I noticed that I was hearing a bit more of the outside noise then I used to, but more importantantly, I noticed a big drop in the quality of bass sound. At first, I did not think much of it and kept listening to it since everything else still sounded wonderful as it should and I thought perhaps it was because the battery in my amp was low.

After I had changed batteries in my amp, I still felt that my 750 still sounded a bit awkward with bass still not up to its usual standard. So, on the train last night, I did a little investigating and I unscrewed the left earpad, put it back properly and made sure that I screwed it on tightly. The result was "WOW!". I had the beautiful, powerful, low-down, tight bass back again with even better mids and highs, and the issue of hearing outside noise had been solved. I never realised that earpads would play such an important role in a headphone. If any Ultrasone users are experiencing sudden degradation of sound, I suggest that you check your earpads.

And yes, after that little incident, I once again realised how beautiful sounding the Proline 750 is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back