ultrasone pro ~ what do people think?
Aug 8, 2007 at 6:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

pesciolino

Head-Fier
these i think are aimed at the pro audio market, rather than the hi fi market ~ what do you think about these?

also, as a related note, why does there seem to be a separation at all between "pro audio" and "hi fi"? (besides the obvious)

Aug 8, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #2 of 4
Pro is aligned towards more neutral sound, revealing of issue with recordings. For hi-fi users revealing nature of the system is not a +, they just want the music to sound as good as possible, which could involve making a more colored sound (for some with more bass, others with more mids, or recessed treble for more relaxed listening). Obviously the differences are not as clear cut as that for most people, but you get the idea.
I personally prefer more monitoring type of tonality as it absolutely shines with quality recordings.

Aug 8, 2007 at 7:55 PM Post #3 of 4
Well, I ain't no pro, but I've kinda taken a shine to the Ultrasone Pro (line, that is). : ) Their honest, head-on (or is it head-in) presentation is very much to my liking, even though I consider myself a head-/hi-fier (outside of mixed company, that is). : )

In short: I like 'em because they don't pull no (coloration) punches! What ya hear is what ya git--right smack dab between them two, big ears o' yorn!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back