Ultrasone Pro 900's...dying?! Help! :(
Nov 11, 2014 at 1:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Voxata

Headphoneus Supremus
I've been smitten by my 900's for years.. and sadly they've started to have an issue. When I first start listening to them my left side will have no bass, no punch.. only after 'blowing' on the speaker will it start to pound. I'm guessing this is because the speaker isn't flexing properly or.. I don't know. I love these headphones, and I'm unsure how to approach the repair. I took them apart to find the speaker is glued to the metal plate quite well.. Is there a place that repairs these phones stateside? Any suggestions are welcomed!

Nov 11, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #2 of 7
A driver replacement might be your best option, but who knows how much Ultrasone will charge for that. Some companies charge hundreds for one single driver while others (Audio Technica) sells their drivers at a bargain. I think you should call them up and ask how much they would want for a driver. 

Nov 11, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #3 of 7
  A driver replacement might be your best option, but who knows how much Ultrasone will charge for that. Some companies charge hundreds for one single driver while others (Audio Technica) sells their drivers at a bargain. I think you should call them up and ask how much they would want for a driver. 

I co-sign calling up Ultrasone and asking about driver replacement/repair.

You aren't lying about those drivers. I was having a back and forth with an Audeze rep and they said to upgrade to Fazor drivers it'll cost $400 for the pair. 

Nov 11, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #5 of 7
That's insane considering you can get the T1 itself for around $600-$700 if you check around for demo units. 

Nov 11, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #7 of 7
Thanks a ton all! I'll go ahead and contact them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back