Ultrasone PRO 900?
Nov 1, 2011 at 9:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

DarkChewby

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I am in the market for some new headphones. I don't have any full size headphones, but have only recently entered the premier headphones with the Westone 4. I was wondering if the Ultrasone Pro 900 would work well with an iPhone and with the genre I mostly listen to, Hip Hop, Rap, Rock, Alternative, Techno, Pop? I heard it has great bass. Any good places to buy these?

Thanks!
Alan

Nov 1, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #2 of 17
Sorry for the double post... How large are theses? I would like to be able to walk around with these. I was originally going to for Beats, but there is so much hatred for them that I have decided to go Ultrasone since I think they look pretty stylish also.

Thanks

Nov 2, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #3 of 17
The pro900's need some extra power to work properly. 

What about the HFI-580's? they have a pretty good bass response as well. 

Nov 2, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #4 of 17
You would need something like a Fiio E11 with the Pro 900.

They sound wretched out of my Apple iShuffle and the iPhone isn't much better as I've discovered 
wink.gif

Nov 2, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #6 of 17

Quote:
Ahh Thanks for the info.

What about the HFI 780 or the HFI2400?

How do the Pro 900 compare to those?

Have not heard the HFI2400 but I have heard the HFI 780 on multiple occasions.

It's a more refined version of the Ultrasone 580, I find it to be quite warm and bassy
with occasional hot highs on certain recordings ~ it's overall a more competent
headphone for general use - the 580 & 780 being better than my M50 for bassy
electronic music and even pop in my opinion.

Nov 2, 2011 at 3:16 AM Post #8 of 17

Quote:
What exactly is the difference between the Pro Series and the HFI?

The Pro series are considered to be a rung up from the HFI series.

More prestige, more accessories, better build.

The Edition series are the top of the line Ultrasones.

Nov 2, 2011 at 10:46 AM Post #9 of 17
If you are looking for a bassy, stylish, portable headphone that will sound good out of your iphone then go with the hfi-580. I personally wouldn't consider anything else from the hfi or pro line for that specific purpose. Or go for m50's.

Also hfi-2400 is open, so they will leak alot of sound. They are also huge, just about as big as the pro 900. And hfi-780's don't have as much "oomph" to the bass, which many people around here prefer but for your needs I'd say you'd want that "oomph".

Nov 2, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #10 of 17
no. pro 900 will not work with an iphone. the iphone can not power them. i have both and tested it.

Nov 2, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #12 of 17
I've read all the threads on these forums about 580 vs 780 but I still don't really get it. The 780s are cheaper, they are a higher model #, are they better quality? Bass might be toned down a bit but I would think the sound quality is better on the higher-end model.

Nov 2, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:
I've read all the threads on these forums about 580 vs 780 but I still don't really get it. The 780s are cheaper, they are a higher model #, are they better quality? Bass might be toned down a bit but I would think the sound quality is better on the higher-end model.

Higher model # does not always equal better. Just different. Go by the reviews and suggestions on this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back