Ultrasone Pro-900 Woodies
Jun 13, 2016 at 11:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JBal4

100+ Head-Fier
So I recently acquired some pro900 cans that needed to be rewired due to a short in the cable that runs through the headband. I was going to simply rewire for dual termination and play with damping. Then I started thinking crazy thoughts of pro woodies....

Initially I was going to cut a wood plate to replace the typical metal one that ultrasone uses to mount their drivers. Now I am thinking about trying to make entire cups. 

Wondering what other more experienced DIYers think about this project. I am worried that a wood plate would be fragile and impractical.

Jun 14, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #2 of 4
Played around with some different driver plates, all sounded like crap. I'm going to attempt to make some wood cups that will fit the ultrasone metal plate. Hit a bit of a wall right now, turns out I don't remember much from shop class(burned up couple of blades for the jigsaw and hardly started the cut lol). Time to study up before wasting more time and money...

side note- holy hell ultrasone drivers are expensive($90 + shipping)! Going to have to be careful not to wreck the ones I got. And for being Ti infused/plated or whatever they say, the diaphragms are super fragile. Just trying to blow off some dust caused them to flex a great amount.

Jun 24, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #4 of 4
Decided to use pro900 drivers to fix set of pro750 with a bad driver... so this is gunna be on the back burner for a bit till I figure out what Im going to use instead. Got some m55x drivers on the way, might rig up just to see how it sounds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back