Ultrasone Pro 900 or V-moda M100
Apr 17, 2013 at 8:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Mr Pineappleman

New Head-Fier
Please note,
I have posted in

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a new thread: ask for advice... and never got a reply other than saying that the Ultrasone's street price is $300 dollars. Doesn't help very much here. Please give me your best advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Here's the post I made.

Aye, Don't know if I get or answer or not but I sure hope I do.
Birthday is coming up, and I've decided to finally buy a good pair of headphones that will hopefully run better than my Beats Studio. I mainly listen to electronic music like:
Dubstep; Omnitica, Pegboard Nerds, Getter, Knife Party, Kdrew, Nero, Porter Robinson, Zedd, Tristam, Major Lazer, Tut Tut Child, Ephixa, etc.
Chillstep: Kill Paris, MiTiS, MrSuicideSheep(Youtube channel I use for music)
Trance/House/Techno; Tiesto, ATB, Daft Punk, Kascade, and Monstercat.
Basically all types of EDM. I do sometimes listen to other genres like Gorillaz, Band Of Horses, Avenged Sevenfold, and so forth.
I'm mainly stuck between 2 pairs of cans that right now have the same price. With the purchase, I will be also getting the Digizoid ZO2 to make sure my bass isn't uncontrolled and is satisfied.
Headphones:
V-Moda M-100 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A39PPDK/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=16VM28CEGTEVWK84JKHG&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846
ir

vs
Ultrasone Pro 900 http://www.amazon.com/Ultrasone-PRO-900-Professional-Headphones/dp/B001F00F0E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366150610&sr=8-1&keywords=Ultrasone+pro+900%5C
ir

Please don't recommend other pairs of headphones unless you truly think it can beat these 2 headphones in the same price range. (200-300$)
Being nearly worth 600$, the Ultrasones are on sale for about 295$ at the moment, while the V-Modas are the same price. I was almost certain that I was going to get the Pros, but after reading many many reviews, I see that the bass is absolutely incredible, but the mids are not there and the quality sound is not so good. With the V-Modas, I've have not heard many negative comments at all! This makes me very nervous about the Ultrasones, and curisosity has hit me. Will the V-Modas be a better choice for sound quality and bass? Or do the Ultrasones beat the V-Modas with quality and bass? Really hope I can get some answers soon, birthday isn't too far away. 
Cheers,
-Mr Pineappleman

May 19, 2013 at 6:42 AM Post #4 of 4
Sorry no one replied to your thread.  I'm curious about this too.

I have the 900 so can't compare to the M-100.  It's VERY bassy.  I want an EDM headphone as well but I also listen to other things too.  The bass is very strong, leaks into the mids and takes control of the sound.  I'd like to tone it down so I'm wondering how the M-100 compares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back