Ultrasone Pro 900 + Fiio e7/e9 combo or Fiio e17?
Feb 21, 2013 at 12:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Seanmike

New Head-Fier
Making a purchase soon. Read plenty of threads, but never found a comparison between the two options, or if there were something better for the 900's. I really dont want to spend anymore than $100-$150 for an amp. Portable is preferred, unless a desktop would be a better option.

Suggestions?

Feb 21, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Making a purchase soon. Read plenty of threads, but never found a comparison between the two options, or if there were something better for the 900's. I really dont want to spend anymore than $100-$150 for an amp. Portable is preferred, unless a desktop would be a better option.

Suggestions?

Heya,

Seeing as the PRO900 doesn't even really need an amp, spending all that on an amp for it seems like... not what you're looking to do.

If all you need or want is a portable amplifier, go with a basic Fiio E11 at best for it. Go used and you can probably nab it for $40~50. If you need a DAC for while you're at home, then look at the Fiio E07k.

Very best,

Feb 21, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Heya,

Seeing as the PRO900 doesn't even really need an amp, spending all that on an amp for it seems like... not what you're looking to do.

If all you need or want is a portable amplifier, go with a basic Fiio E11 at best for it. Go used and you can probably nab it for $40~50. If you need a DAC for while you're at home, then look at the Fiio E07k.

Very best,

Ive read here and there that the 900's are fine without an amp, yes. But, many have said how significantly they benefit from an amp and how it brings them to their full potential.   
The E11 has popped up numerous times as well in my search. I suppose I'd consider that option as well, if there isn't much of a significant difference from the other two options I mentioned.
Thanks for your input, Mal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back