Ultrasone pro 900 amp (JDS C5D)
Jan 27, 2016 at 3:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bowmanonesky

New Head-Fier
Hello i know this has been posted a lot but ive been searching all week for an answer with not much to show for it, so i really appreciate anyones help. Bascally i have owned the Ultrasone pro 900 for a few years now and i used to love them. I used to use them with a Fiio E17 DAC/Amp but it broke about a year ago. The Fiio E17 isnt available anymore so i decide to purchase the Fiio E18. Unfortunately i really don't like this combination as they sound nothing like what i remembered they did with my Fiio E17. I was talking to someone at a audio store and they didn't know much about the pro 900 but they said the JDS C5D was really good. I was wondering if anyone knows if the JDS C5D and the pro 900 would be a good combo? I am a bit worried about wasting money on another amp that i don't like. If it wouldn't be a good combo, then what would? 

Thank you for your help

Jan 27, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #2 of 4
I'm in somewhat the same boat as you. I've never used an amp before but I'm looking at E17k for the Pro 900 . Do you know if there are any differences between the newer and older model? I would like to know what amp is best for the pro 900 since this is the first time I'll be buying a portable amp.

Feb 17, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #4 of 4
As somebody who is about to bite and buy a 900i to replace my Sony - XB700. I am also on the lookout for an amp to compliment my new buy I would also like to bump this post.

I hope my first post acting as a bump is not seen as rude or bad form. I have been a long time lurker. I have spent the past weeks over thinking my new set of headphones and possible amp/da, reviewing pages and pages from this site. The opinions, combination and audio company names that I have never heard of. I even found a company 20 min away from where I live iQube and auditioned an amp as a result. In the end I decided to just go for a headphone replacement to start. I asked myself do I go for a hifi all rounder or try and upgrade what I like within my budget. I have had my XB700 for years and years now and after travelling the world with me (making me look like a right spoon) and be generally abused I decided it is time to retire my most treasured possession to home use only. From what I can read these 900 are the right upgrade for me for my ear and musical tastes. I was going to go for the Sony Z7 but just too expensive for what I will do to them.

I have also set aside money for an portable amplifier or amp/dac combination. Hence here we are, a post that seems to be dead and possibly disobeying forum etiquette with my first post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back