Ultrasone PRO 750 Treble
Mar 9, 2014 at 1:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

LazBro123

500+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'm having an issue with my pro 750. Bass is amazing, mids are clear, but the treble is excruciating. It's extremely sharp. Whenever I turn up the volume, I have to lower them because of it. It sounds like a piece of glass shattering right next to my ears. Is this normal? Is there something wrong with my setup? I use a Fiio E6 and an ipod touch with a Fiio LOD.

Thanks!

Mar 9, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #2 of 3
Unfortunately, it's normal. Ultrasone has a house sound with lots of treble and recessed mids. I've had the Pro 900, but sold it because I felt like it made me deaf lol. Quite ironic how Ultrasone promotes their products with the ULE-thingy and how they supposedly cause less ear fatigue.

Even though their bass is really awesome, you can't turn it up and fully enjoy it, because then the treble annihilates your ears.
Pairing the Pro 900 to a warm amp like the Violectric V200 makes it quite listenable, but unamped or with a neutral amp it's torture. But I do have quite sensitive ears so YMMV.
Moving the cups to the front of your ears as far as possible, so the back of your ears touch the padding, also helps tame the treble and increases soundstage. 

Mar 9, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #3 of 3
Unfortunately, it's normal. Ultrasone has a house sound with lots of treble and recessed mids. I've had the Pro 900, but sold it because I felt like it made me deaf lol. Quite ironic how Ultrasone promotes their products with the ULE-thingy and how they supposedly cause less ear fatigue.

Even though their bass is really awesome, you can't turn it up and fully enjoy it, because then the treble annihilates your ears.
Pairing the Pro 900 to a warm amp like the Violectric V200 makes it quite listenable, but unamped or with a neutral amp it's torture. But I do have quite sensitive ears so YMMV.
Moving the cups to the front of your ears as far as possible, so the back of your ears touch the padding, also helps tame the treble and increases soundstage. 

I tried that, and it reduces treble, but reduces the amazing detail. For dubstep and all electronic genres, the highs are actually pleasant, and make it a lot fun, but for every other genre, the highs are just really dominating! The only thing I'm thinking of doing it using an EQ to reduce the treble. I love the pro 750, but there's just too much highs on some tracks. The pro 550 doesn't have this problem. Should I look into getting a warm amp for them? Eq? No clue what to do lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back