Ultrasone Pro 550 vs. Denon AH-D2000 [QUESTIONS]
Dec 31, 2009 at 11:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Jonothon

New Head-Fier
Hey

I have been considering buying both of these headphones (Ultrasone Pro 550 & Denon AH-D2000) after trying them today at the store. They did sound very similar. Unfortunately, they were both new units and have not been burned in. So I have some questions for the Head-fi'ers' who know the sound of these headphones broken in (If any. I know that the 550s are an uncommon headphone on this forum).

Here are my questions...

1. Which headphone has greater bass quantity?
2. Which headphone has greater bass quality?
3. Which headphone has wider soundstage?

Any information related to the comparison of these two headphones will be greatly appreciated.

Jan 1, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #2 of 8
I have never listened to the 550, but if they follow the traditional ultrasone characteristics, then the 2000 will have the better bass quality and soundstage...while the ultrasone will beat it handily in bass quantity.

Jan 1, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #3 of 8
I have yet to try the 550's but the Denon 2000's won't let you down. They have been reviewed to death on this site and for good reason. Denon 2000's in terms of bass will NOT let you down, both in quality and quantity they are extremely good. If you consider yourself a basshead the Denon 2000's will take extreme EQ's towards the lower end without distortion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back